Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Somebody ratted me out.

Somebody ratted me out.

I walked into the Trading Post so greet the manager who had been gone on vacation for two weeks and he looked sidelong at me and said that he'd heard that my New Year's resolution was to not buy any firearms for a year. (Not exactly true: None over $150US) He asks me to wait for a minute and ducks into his office. Out he comes with a Winchester Model 70. "I got this Winchester with a divot in the stock. I thought you might want to buy it." Sure enough, a Model 70 that looked as though someone had driven a half-inch steel rod into the butt stock to about 1/4" depth. A 308 no less, Weaver bases and rings and a good grade of clear, vintage Weaver on top. Bore is pristine. A typical Reservation gun; relatively unused but carried a lot.

"Three hundred bucks" he says.
    ~Muir.

Muir
    Good looking rifle the Model 70 nearly bought one in 223 last yea, but hold your nerve. Ask yourself Do you need it? Will you use it? Can I get it cheeper elsewere?
    Thants what I ask myself.... Does'nt work always though!
    Multiman

Quote Originally Posted by multiman View Post
    Muir
    Good looking rifle the Model 70 nearly bought one in 223 last yea, but hold your nerve. Ask yourself Do you need it? Will you use it? Can I get it cheeper elsewere?
    Thants what I ask myself.... Does'nt work always though!
    Multiman
    No.
    Yes.
    No.

(drat) ~Muir

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    No.
    Yes.
    No.

(drat) ~Muir
    300 bucks! Get back to the Trading Post right now and buy it - it's gone the 1st March so the time limit on New Years Resolutions has expired. Or is that just another quaint British custom?

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    300 bucks! Get back to the Trading Post right now and buy it - it's gone the 1st March so the time limit on New Years Resolutions has expired. Or is that just another quaint British custom?

willie_gunn
    Seriously?? Is that why all the fat people stopped coming to the gym yesterday??
    I'll call and see if it's still there!~Muir

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Seriously?? Is that why all the fat people stopped coming to the gym yesterday??
    I'll call and see if it's still there!~Muir
    Well, that's the deal round my way

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Go into the Trading Post, give them $150 for the barreled action and ask them to keep it for you. 24 hours later go back in and buy the trigger and stock for $150. Youv`e only spent $150 in a day- job done.

Quote Originally Posted by glen13 View Post
    Go into the Trading Post, give them $150 for the barreled action and ask them to keep it for you. 24 hours later go back in and buy the trigger and stock for $150. Youv`e only spent $150 in a day- job done.
    I like how you think.

300 bones for a Model 70 is a good deal Andy. Remember, there is no need, just want or dont want, I'd buy it............. I'm a weak and shallow man.

AB

If it's a Pre 64 buy by all means and then sell it for a profit !

If it's Post 64 leave it alone .

Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    If it's a Pre 64 buy by all means and then sell it for a profit !

If it's Post 64 leave it alone .
    As an aside. Why would you say that?~Muir