Thread: Rifles with ambidextrous stocks?

Rifles with ambidextrous stocks?

As the title says......do you know of any standard make / models of rifles that have ambidextrous stocks?
    I currently have a Ruger m77 SS / Synthetic which has such a stock but I'm looking to see what other choices I have.
    Ideally in stainless.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by NBF View Post
    As the title says......do you know of any standard make / models of rifles that have ambidextrous stocks?
    I currently have a Ruger m77 SS / Synthetic which has such a stock but I'm looking to see what other choices I have.
    Ideally in stainless.

Cheers
    My tikka T3 laminate stainless has an Ambi stock also the Ambi hunter T3 and T3 Lite does, they also do lefty versions also I'm a lefty ....
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; 02-03-2013 at 15:24.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    The Blaser, both in R93 and R8, has an ambidextrous stock. To change to left-handed you just simply change the bolt.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

My R8 pro has a palm swell for a left hander.

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    The Blaser, both in R93 and R8, has an ambidextrous stock. To change to left-handed you just simply change the bolt.

willie_gunn
    I didn't realise this I've been thinking about one for a while good to know thanks....

As a left hander in a world of right handed rifles the only stocks that are not comfortable to shoot left handed are thumb hole stocks or ones with a role over cheek piece. Also those with a bullet wallet lashed to the stock are not that comfortable.

Much more of an issue with shotguns - happy with a straight stock, but if cast for a right hander makes it much more difficult to shoot well.

My rpa is right-handed bolt but ambi stock.the interceptor stock is a joy to use lefthanded. Best stock I've had on a rifle
    Last edited by jay 22; 03-03-2013 at 19:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant.N View Post
    My R8 pro has a palm swell for a left hander.
    So do my Pro R93's.
    I'd like the Pro Success Thumbhole but its not available for the R93, only the R8 recently. However in discussing this matter with one of the Openseason guys at the recent Shooting Show, there may be a slim chance Blaser could make the L/H T'hole available for the 93 ? Hope so.

Brider.

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    As a left hander in a world of right handed rifles the only stocks that are not comfortable to shoot left handed are thumb hole stocks or ones with a role over cheek piece. Also those with a bullet wallet lashed to the stock are not that comfortable.

Much more of an issue with shotguns - happy with a straight stock, but if cast for a right hander makes it much more difficult to shoot well.
    I think the reason for this is that most stocks are now turned out in the USA 'classic' straight style, rather than the raised comb 'monte carlo', or 'hogsback' with cheekpiece combo. The Ruger M77 and Winchester M70 stocks are identical in either persuasion, apart from the bolthandle notch. Like adopting a single action length (Mannlicher, RWS, Tikka, etc.) using the same profile stock also reduces production costs further. I'd say that most rifles are now designed to work for standard, or lefthand operators. Since this happened, some manufacturers such as Winchester have quietly dropped their lefthand models altogether.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.