Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big fun at BIGGLESWADE

Big fun at BIGGLESWADE

Our trip down south had been planned for sometime and was the result of a stalk swap originally organized by a mutual friend. Tom (beattie 16) and i didn't have a clue of what to expect, although we are both seasoned stalkers we had only 1 muntjack between us ( and Tom hadn't shot it). We where told to meet up at 11oclock, which we thaught strange being used to getting out at daft oclock, but no need to worry.....We arrived at Jasons (half of Muntjackstalker) to find Mike (the other half) measuring a potential gold medal that had been shot by a Norwiegen guest earlier in the day, quick cuppa and off we went, me with Jason and tom with Mike. We had barely entered the wood and Jason was already pointing into the trees saying buck doe buck buck doe, I wasn't picking them up at first then I realised I was looking to far, car parked rifle on shoulder and off we set, Jason continued to point out deer in every direction, Jason reconed this was the first day of sunshine this year and all the deer in the wood wanted some on their backs,another deer stepped out onto the ride,its a buck shoot it,so we had one in the bag, I looked behind us to see the truck parked around 200yds away, im thinking wait till Tom hears about this, little did I know he was experiencing the same as me.We had a good walk around and shot a couple more, but I couldn't wait to get back to tell Tom what I had seen,meeting up With Tom and mike both with grins like Cheshire cats, Toms account of his stalk mirrored mine Following day reflected the first with plenty of deer sunshine and high spirits.. WE both send many thank for a great couple of days to Jason Mike and James for putting it together. Think this one was out of Toms price range

"You lucky buggars".
    Atb John

Sounds like a great trip!

Congrats
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

it sure was a great wkend nell . any one looking to have a go at muntjac or cwd should book with-muntjacstalker plenty deer going about .

Tam there 2good lads with lots of deer on there. Land
    Atb tom

Thanks guys,

was great to stalk with you both and hopefully we ll catch up with you next time we are in kelso.

ps the alsation in pic no 3 was not in the tally but mearly laying down!!

kind regards

MUNTJACSTALKER

Quote Originally Posted by muntjacstalker View Post
    Thanks guys,

was great to stalk with you both and hopefully we ll catch up with you next time we are in kelso.

ps the alsation in pic no 3 was not in the tally but mearly laying down!!

kind regards

MUNTJACSTALKER
    hi muntjacstalker please do give us a shout when your up in kelso. the alsation not in the tally haha

Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler.250 View Post
    What happened to the 2 deer on the seat of the table?
    If we had put them beside the others you wouldn't have seen them...Small but tasty as predicted....