Thread: tikka t3 lite and muzzle breaks

tikka t3 lite and muzzle breaks

need a lighter rifle looked a clients tikka and it looks good light great handling stainless and plastic stock seems a no brainer i realise this will have been done to death but are tikka as good as everyone sems to reckon?, i must say the bolt set up and magazine setup im really impressed with..are tikka really as accurate as everyone makes out?? id need the 6.5x55.
    not only but also...muzzle breaks any good? at the side of a moderator or just a bolt on misery?ie something else to catch in the trees and worry aboot?
    i would appreciate any comments
    cheers all
    scout

Quote Originally Posted by Lovatscout View Post
    need a lighter rifle looked a clients tikka and it looks good light great handling stainless and plastic stock seems a no brainer i realise this will have been done to death but are tikka as good as everyone sems to reckon?, i must say the bolt set up and magazine setup im really impressed with..are tikka really as accurate as everyone makes out?? id need the 6.5x55.
    not only but also...muzzle breaks any good? at the side of a moderator or just a bolt on misery?ie something else to catch in the trees and worry aboot?
    i would appreciate any comments
    cheers all
    scout
    well I'm about to buy my third T3 its been reliable accurate everything you could ask for and great value for money, I've had quite a few rifles but I just adore them, as for muzzle breaks a chap I no has one for target shooting but not really sure I would bother with one for stalking, I've got a CMM4 moderator which is very light and does a great job of suppressing sound and recoil that would be my choice for a great light stalking setup

I fire 120gr bullets at 2900fps and can get 1/2 moa accuracy if I do my bit can't ask for more....
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; 02-03-2013 at 20:48.

Hi scout, not had any problems with my t3 lite so far. cant comment on the muzzle brake but i put an A-TEC mod on mine and had no probs as its nice and light.

i tried loads of factory ammo and was giving up hope as grouping was only 2inch but then switched to sako bullets and.... wow. very happy with less than 1inch at 100 now. that'll do me.
    Big bloke... but outta shape

Scout,

I use a muzzle brake on my Rem Mag because I found that, due to the length of its barrel, a mod made it unbalanced. That rifle needs either a mod or brake to reduce the recoil to a level I'm comfortable with.

My Swede has a shorter barrel, so isn't so badly unbalanced by the weight of a mod. Given the light recoil from the Swede I only use the mod to reduce noise, which a brake doesn't help with. If your goal is only to reduce noise, I'd go for one of the newer light mods.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Bob