Thread: Just might !

Just might !

While I was in the Philippines I saw something on Gunbroker I liked and may do to one of my old 444's !

I at the moment have two of the old style 444's that have been redone so color casing one would not hurt the value any .
    My Retro 444P and a 1967 rifle have both been reblued and had the wood refinished . I'm thinking the 1967 rifle would be the better choice since I grab it a bit less then the short one and then I wouldn't wear the CC off as quick !
    Am also thinking a modest checkering pattern on the stock and forend would also be in order !
    Gun oughtta look pretty decent with the action , lever and both barrel bands CC'd and the wood checkered .
    Here's the 1967 rifle after reblue and refinish . I think it's an acceptable candidate !

The Retro 444P looks okay as is now I believe .

I think I can get the CC work done for about $150 and the checkering for another $150 .

Colour case does look good. sadly here it costs and arm and a leg. Norman Clark has done it in the past but he ain't cheap for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Colour case does look good. sadly here it costs and arm and a leg. Norman Clark has done it in the past but he ain't cheap for anything.
    The cost of $150 to do the four pieces I wish to do is dealer cost . We have a fellow tha does rather good work for us and it's his only line of work .
    We also have another guy that does the checkering for us and $150 for him to checker the stock and forend is him doing me a favor .

Typically if someone came in the shop with a similar rifle and wanted the same things done that I do the color case would cost them about $250 and the checkering would be about $300 . IF the person were a good customer it might or might not be a bit less .