Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muntjac on M1

Muntjac on M1

I was driving on the M1 heading south and saw 2 muntjac on the grass verge feeding about 7 metres from the hard shoulder. This was in between Nottingham and Leicester.

Anyone else seen deer there before?

Quote Originally Posted by ferretmanabu View Post
    I was driving on the M1 heading south and saw 2 muntjac on the grass verge feeding about 7 metres from the hard shoulder. This was in between Nottingham and Leicester.

Anyone else seen deer there before?
    You often see muntjac on the M1, they`re waiting for a lift from the white van man who then takes em up to, Durham, Northumberland, Scotland and Ireland

Bob

The M1 near Jct 14, well just a bit north of that has loads there, or at least used to. The is a large wood just off the Motorway. Gayhurst wood that has been wrecked by English Woodlands who bought it and split it up into hobby plots. There used to be at least a very healthy population of Munties in there. I have stalked there more than once before they wrecked the place.

I have watched them trot down the bank onto the hard shoulder along the road then back up the back into the fields many times.

Edit:- It was there a stalking outing was wrecked by poachers. They turned out to be pest controllers from Sussex helping them selves to Muntjac. We found their van all sign written and loaded with pest control gear.

Quote Originally Posted by bobg757 View Post
    You often see muntjac on the M1, they`re waiting for a lift from the white van man who then takes em up to, Durham, Northumberland, Scotland and Ireland

Bob
    could you get him to stop in Lancashire and drop some as we have not got them down this way

Bob
    Keep on bringing them North , they're more than welcome

Bob
    Not white van its a nice silver one
    Can be dropped of anywhere you want for 1.00 a mile
    or just wait for the RSPCA or other ANIMAL RESCUE lot to start dumping them they have been catching them and taking them to nice open spaces as they put it.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Someone told me the white van man has dropped of in lancashire......................preston way

And you boys expect this site to be taken seriously? Keep the damn things where they are....not wanted in the north....SNH policy....shoot on sight ..ie treat as vermin.

Was this between 22 and 21A if so I live right by there. The woods either side of the M1 are teeming with muntjac. I can't for the life of me get in there to shoot some though!!!