Thread: Optilock Scope Rings

Optilock Scope Rings

Does anyone know if Optilock rings are the same as (or sufficiently similar to interchange with) Leupold rings? I already have bases.

Can't seem to find them less than seventy quid anywhere and need to change over two scopes - 1"/30mm.

This is on a Sako 85 - I think all Sako bases are the same - at least up to the A7 or whatever its called.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by kuwinda View Post
    Does anyone know if Optilock rings are the same as (or sufficiently similar to interchange with) Leupold rings? I already have bases.

Can't seem to find them less than seventy quid anywhere and need to change over two scopes - 1"/30mm.

This is on a Sako 85 - I think all Sako bases are the same - at least up to the A7 or whatever its called.
    You've got which, Sako optilock bases or Leupold bases? .... and you need which rings? .... 30mm? or 1"?

If it's any help at all I've got a set of low 1" pre-optilock Sako ringmounts (ie. bases and rings incorporated) lying spare at the moment. You're welcome to them gratis, if they'll do your job Ian.

Atb~Tom

I think I've got Optilock bases - to which I need to fit 1" rings.

I'm swapping over the Swaro to the 243 (Howa) and fitting the Ziess variable to the 308 (Sako). I need 30mm Warnes for the 243 - not such a big deal.

Can't get over the price of these Optilock thingies - can't seem to see the rings only for less than seventy quid.

So thanks - I may take you up on that.

(I have just gotten my old bambi-wacking job back, come autumn - so need to get geared up - need something to keep me alive)

Account Suspended
    Yeah, I heard you got your old "contract" back, plus logs. That's handy.

The Sako rings are put aside. My Mrs might even be visiting your Mrs soon and she can deliver them, if I remember at the time.

Ziess scope? ... I thought you had the Z6 on the .308

I am moving the Z6 (1.8-10) over to the 243 and putting the Ziess (1.7-5.5 with a heavy reticle - for t'pigs, If ever.....)