Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderator choice?

Moderator choice?

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at investing in a 7mm-08 but wondered about mod choice or if I should even bother with one? Is there a mod out there that is both lite and effective with noise suppression? Some of the mods I've seen so far are very heavy and seem to ruin the balance of the rifle.

Has anyone got any advice?

Thanks,

Paul.

Paul

Have a gander at the Hardy Gen IV imported by Riflecraft.

£300 but weighs in at just 290g. Not the quietest, but very light and over the barrel so the weight isn't all hanging off the front end...

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

They're all heavy though some more than others!

Reflex mods balance a bit better but are heavy, end cans are all pretty heavy but you don't have the hassle of getting it fitted to your gun.

check out the ASE SL5, the MAE T12, and the "one less Charlie" range of moderators

Just got a Jet Z Compact and very pleased, as small and fairly light plus does a good job on the sound suppression. Much better than the Northstar 3S that I had before.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyDoom View Post
    They're all heavy though some more than others!

Reflex mods balance a bit better but are heavy, end cans are all pretty heavy but you don't have the hassle of getting it fitted to your gun.

check out the ASE SL5, the MAE T12, and the "one less Charlie" range of moderators
    AU-SL5 is my current favourite, but I haven't laid my hands on a One Less Charlie one yet. Regards JCS

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    running a sl5 on the 243 and very nice it is too.

bob.

have a ase cqb on the 20 cal and its a tad heavier than the new sl5.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by iainfarthing View Post
    Paul

Have a gander at the Hardy Gen IV imported by Riflecraft.

£300 but weighs in at just 290g. Not the quietest, but very light and over the barrel so the weight isn't all hanging off the front end...

Cheers
    i.
    I just read the report on the Gunmart website. It sounds like a good light weight choice and has a brake built in too

Quote Originally Posted by Roelander View Post
    I just read the report on the Gunmart website. It sounds like a good light weight choice and has a brake built in too
    It's 45% of the weight of my T8, which is why I bought it. There are others that are quieter, but I spend more time carrying the damn thing than actually shooting it, so the weight saving was more important to me.

I got mine via Emmett & Stone in Marlow, so try your RFD or go straight to Riflecraft...

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by iainfarthing View Post
    It's 45% of the weight of my T8, which is why I bought it. There are others that are quieter, but I spend more time carrying the damn thing than actually shooting it, so the weight saving was more important to me.

I got mine via Emmett & Stone in Marlow, so try your RFD or go straight to Riflecraft...

Cheers
    i.
    Plus another for the Hardy Gen IV
    Nice and light and doesn't upset the balance. It's a bit louder than my Northstar or Jet-z but not that much to bother worrying about, the muzzle brake and lightness far outweigh the hardly discernible extra couple of decibels.

Great, thanks everyone. I'll definately be ordering a Hardy Gen IV then