Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: one for one on a mod??

one for one on a mod??

hi all,
    have been out and got myself a tikka .308 +mod,the rifle was mint and for what i paid more than covered the fact it has an old all front moderator (vaime, i think) on it.

this is where i am unsure where i stand. a local rfd has a s/h mod and will take mine back as px but says i need a variation to do it bur the rfd thats local is who hasnt got anything in stock reckons because there is no serial no. on moderators and his words "ah mate just pay up and swap em over job done!"

i know what makes most sense, but dont know who is right. cant pitch them off each other to find out because they are both mates
    any help would be good
    thanks

Hi

Check out this thread first...

Replacing a sound moderator

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by dave 67 View Post
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

so its not only me who got spun out, best i make a call to the fuzz and see what the good people there say!!

Many RFDs will swap an unknown mod with no serial number for another but you are supposed to do a 1 for 1 variation.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

I did a 1 for 1 last year, not worth the risk in my opinion.

Oh my god ! The mod has is not named and has no serial number, A one for one for another can with NVN is a waste of yours and the time of the police .

Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    Oh my god ! The mod has is not named and has no serial number, A one for one for another can with NVN is a waste of yours and the time of the police .
    Many will agree..., many will disagree... I just wanted the OP to read the last thread that covered this in blood, sweat and tears

Cheers
    i.

Quote Originally Posted by weecornishman View Post
    hi all,
    have been out and got myself a tikka .308 +mod,the rifle was mint and for what i paid more than covered the fact it has an old all front moderator (vaime, i think) on it.

this is where i am unsure where i stand. a local rfd has a s/h mod and will take mine back as px but says i need a variation to do it bur the rfd thats local is who hasnt got anything in stock reckons because there is no serial no. on moderators and his words "ah mate just pay up and swap em over job done!"

i know what makes most sense, but dont know who is right. cant pitch them off each other to find out because they are both mates
    any help would be good
    thanks
    if you swap,....you break the law and should be revoked. You need a one for one variation