Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3 .243 moderate or not?

Question Tikka T3 .243 moderate or not?

Hi folks.
    I hate the feel of moderators on full bore rifles, they knock the balance of the gun all to pot.

Can anyone convince me as to why I should fit a moderator to mine?
    and which type is best should I take the plunge.

thanks for any feedback.

No. If you don't like them its your choce ! And if you shoot enough without ear defenders you won't need a mod as the constant ringing will drown the shot .

Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    No. If you don't like them its your choce ! And if you shoot enough without ear defenders you won't need a mod as the constant ringing will drown the shot .

Hence the term "falling on deaf ears"...! surly anything that going to be benificial to your hearing in the long term has
    to be a plus. SteveOh. If it's a weight issue (up front) try an a-tec I for one would'nt be without it.

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    Hence the term "falling on deaf ears"...! surly anything that going to be benificial to your hearing in the long term has
    to be a plus. SteveOh. If it's a weight issue (up front) try an a-tec I for one would'nt be without it.

Rgds, Buck.
    +1 on that billy you dont even no the a- tec is on your rifle.
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

I'm using a CMM4 on my Tikka T3 and think its an awesome mod for the money really light and sound suppression is brilliant for its size and weight can't recommend them enough.....

hi tikka t3 +T8 nice

Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    Yes, some kind of protection is a must

Thanks for the reply fellas. I have decided to have the barrel threaded and get a mod, I'll check out the ones that you have recommended.

Thanks for your help...

My Remy 700 .243 uses a CMM-4 mod which does not effect the balance of the rifle and is small enough to not make the thing look like a lightning rod! Yes its not "as quiet" as the larger cans but it does make a big difference to not blowing your ear drums!

I will always be sticking with this mod from now on, it takes a fair bashing at the range and the POI does not change when it heats up which is a good thing in my eyes as its not acting like a lead weight on the end of your barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by ths84 View Post
    My Remy 700 .243 uses a CMM-4 mod which does not effect the balance of the rifle and is small enough to not make the thing look like a lightning rod! Yes its not "as quiet" as the larger cans but it does make a big difference to not blowing your ear drums!

I will always be sticking with this mod from now on, it takes a fair bashing at the range and the POI does not change when it heats up which is a good thing in my eyes as its not acting like a lead weight on the end of your barrel.
    Agree with all of the above!!