Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salmon or big game Fly Reel

Salmon or big game Fly Reel

Its not mine but I have seen this Lamson Waterworks V12 reel on the bay. I own several LWW reels and these are the rolls royce of fly reels and he /she has not used it and it is half the rrp. I only fish for trout so this is no good for me but wow HALF Price!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterworks...item4171200d98

And at half price it's still 400
    No doubting the quality but for that money I'd rather have a new Danielsson and over 150 change. Have owned a variety of posh fly reels in the past. Have sold them all and fish with Vision Komas these days - the brake is fine (I don't go fishing in far flung places for enormous fish) and you don't mind scratching them.

I thought i had seen this before http://www.flyforums.co.uk/fishing-r...ries-reel.html looks like the ebay listing will be 3rd time lucky/unlucky.
    Cheers
    Richard

Dont think people have that kinda money myself, well notfor a fly reel....maybe a rifle lol

never understood the need for a hi-tech reel when it does so little

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    For the UK fisherman , yes I agree, but, get a bonefish, tarpon or giant trevally in the salt water then you will need a hi-tech reel, this type of fishing is a "reel" test (excuse the pun) of components and drags etc

There is an original Loop (Danielsson) Hi-Tech on ebay just now, I'd have something like that over a Lammy any day.

Horses for courses
    Last edited by rigboot; 05-03-2013 at 13:16. Reason: salt water

I love the danielsson reels - I actually prefer the now non-loop versions, particularly the 'Original'..just lovely on a Sage rod.

otherwise, a hardy or an abel on a Winston is the business..

Quote Originally Posted by rigboot View Post
    For the UK fisherman , yes I agree, but, get a bonefish, tarpon or giant trevally in the salt water then you will need a hi-tech reel, this type of fishing is a "reel" test (excuse the pun) of components and drags etc

There is an original Loop (Danielsson) Hi-Tech on ebay just now, I'd have something like that over a Lammy any day.

Horses for courses
    Totally agree but............. LWW for me!! Horses for Courses as you say

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    I actually prefer the now non-loop versions, particularly the 'Original'..just lovely on a Sage rod.
    Agreed, but nothing has come close to the Danielsson-made Evotec LW (first made for Loop). Bomb proof and stunning quality machining. Very hard to find on the secondhand market which says it all really. The new ones are still superb, but the older ones have the edge IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Ditto with that