Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open ticket for centrefires

Open ticket for centrefires

How quickly are your police forces opening up FAC for centrefires. Devon and Cornwall say 3.5 yrs. is this the norm?

cheers

BE

NWP opened my rimfire after less than a year. My centrefire (applied for after I'd had open rimfire for a year) was open from the start.

I guess it's all dependant on your own specific circumstances, experience, land, etc, they'll all be taken into consideration. Mine was opened within 6 months if I recall.

hi there, well every police force is different. i think it depends on how long you have held a FAC. If its your first then some forces dont like to grant open until the 5yr renewell. You just need to be able to prove your past experiance, and show regular useage.(lots of ammo useage)
    I was lucky i got mine open for my 2 larger calibers with 6 months of getting them, but ive held my FAC for 10yr and it was already open for .223.
    good luck
    simon

Thanks for your quick responses, will give it a try.

BE

Mine was opened for centrefires after less than a year with a nicely worded letter outlining my experience, opportunities and qualifications, and with a nice full ammo table

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    Mine was opened after less than a year with a nicely worded letter outlining my experience, opportunities and qualifications, and with a nice full ammo table
    Ditto - after 8 months ish. Nicely worded letter from an experienced shot I go out with shooting as a reference.

Mine was opened after 8 months but only had rimmies at the time but had my first CF a 22-250 added 2 months later (open)

Depends a hell of a lot where you are. I'm 21 been shooting years at university with a military (reservist) back ground. I have shot all over the world in NATO competitions using everything from .22 rimfire too .50 BMG. Yet my police force won't even consider it.

happy hunting

Quote Originally Posted by big ears View Post
    How quickly are your police forces opening up FAC for centrefires. Devon and Cornwall say 3.5 yrs. is this the norm?

cheers

BE
    As per appendix 3 of home office guidance there is no set time.... Have a read and learn that the police make up their own ideas!!