Dog Boxes

Big Yan

Please can anyone advise on which dog box is best in there opinions. I have been looking at the Trans K9. to fit a GWP,lab and occasional springer.

I would say the TransK9 are the best ive seen. Well put together and will last a lifetime. They do box's for most models of car as well.

Ads

SAS Products now sell a collapsible box in the £70-£80 range. I have one I bought a while ago and the cocker loves it!

SAS Products now sell a collapsible box in the £70-£80 range. I have one I bought a while ago and the cocker loves it!

cornishman said:

Hi any links to the said box?

ATB
Cam

Hi

i have seen the K9 dog boxes and they are very very well built and well thought out. but come at a price, (as do most )
I had one built for a GSP and you can put a section in the middle to separate dogs if you feel the need. but this box is very very heavy and will take 2 of you to get it out of your car/van
so i have now brought a porta pet. very light and i was lucky enough to get one secondhand.
http://www.dog-n-field.co.uk/gene/Merlin/ppet.htm

ATB
Cam

One thing to check... If it's a folding cage/crate, see how it is assembled. I got one that seemed the right size for my estate car, and is once it's up. But there's only one way to assemble it in the car due to the way it folds, and it's VERY tight!

Andrew

I have a K9 for my dogs. Its a double cage with a removable centre section for if you need to clean it or require more space. It is the largest one they do (I think) and was quite expensive.
It is the best investment we have made concerning the dogs. After years of using cages the difference is unbelievable. All hair, water and general crud are kept withing the box.
I would have no problem recommending the company and they were very good to deal with.

The box is light enough to lift in/out by one person

Only thing I would change would be to add a couple of holes in the front to help get water out after its been washed. I drilled a couple of 10mm holes in mine and plug them with rubber grommits

Back