Sad day

ajfab

:(.
sad day today after just short of 14 years i had to say goodbye to my old lab bitch.
she was not herself yesterday and today i knew all was not well so she went to the vet and turned out all here organs were shutting down poor old girl just wanted to battle on but i had to bite the bullet.
she has worked well over the years and been a great companion i had here mother and i have her daughter bred the line myself.

the rest of the dogs had chance to say good bye before we took her to be cremate.

thanks tara you maybe be gone to the hunting grounds far away but you will never be forgotten, and one day we will meet up again.

ade

:(.
sad day today after just short of 14 years i had to say goodbye to my old lab bitch.
she was not herself yesterday and today i knew all was not well so she went to the vet and turned out all here organs were shutting down poor old girl just wanted to battle on but i had to bite the bullet.
she has worked well over the years and been a great companion i had here mother and i have her daughter bred the line myself.

the rest of the dogs had chance to say good bye before we took her to be cremate.

thanks tara you maybe be gone to the hunting grounds far away but you will never be forgotten, and one day we will meet up again.

ade
so sad rip tara

Aye my old lab bitch is 15 in April she is in good health she is a bit slow on her feet, I'm dreading her keeling over I'm sure we will all be sobbing

my bitch was fine we were down the beach with some of the pack on sunday and she was swiming and playing with my 11 week old pup, she did the odd drive picking up last season on a nice easy retrive , just comes on them so quick but she is in no pain now which is the main thing.

A sad day ajfab, dogs are faithful, give there love no matter what we do and always give us 100%, its always sad when they go.

Tony

makes me always very sad and almost crying, sorry for your loss, keep the memories of her, her work and all the fun you shared with her out in the field and woods!

Atb

Michael

Very sorry to hear this news. 14 yrs is a good age for a Lab so you must have looked after her well!
Better for it to come on quickly and be over with quickly than the other way round.
ATB

10 years in a kennel rest in front of the fire, had hard days on the foreshore and nights duck flighting and hundredrs of days picking up on big shoots with days of a 1000 birds. never any trouble never seen here fight with any other dog loyal to the end. even kept the bed warm while i was away lamping ( wifes idea). so had a reasonable hard life i would say but she gave 110% all the time.
amazing thing is being a keeper you never seem to notice a thing when you control deer and vermin all the time and rear thousands of birds and yet you loose one of your dogs and it knocks you for 6, my wife said today that i do actually have a heart after all!

very sad pal I really do know how you feel I put my lab to bed on a saturday night as fit as a flee and went to wake her sunday morning only to find her dead in her box at the age of 7, guessed she had an heart attack broke my heart that did, was like losing a member of my family.
Keep your head up and think of all the great days you had.

Mark.

Sorry did not make it too clear my dog died over 4 years ago since replaced her with Jess another cracking black lab superb deer dog.

Oh, I thought you meant Sunday just gone! :doh:
I think it helps if you get another dog soon after, or if you already have another dog. I have a single dog and he's a belter and I don't know what I'd do without him!

Back