Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: European firearms pass

European firearms pass

Ok, so my EFP came through the post today, I don't have anything planned currently, but thought as use over seas was my primary reason for obtaining the 375 I ought to sort out the paperwork.
    can someone tell me what the process is for taking rifles abroad (within Europe) do you need to let them know before arriving with a firearm, do you need to be 'sponsored' as visitors to the uk do? Does the EFP get stamped by the country I visit etc...
    just trying to figure it out really.
    also what do the different classifications of firearm relate to (ABC etc).

many thanks
    ds

I have had Euro passport for years now. if you are visiting an E.U. country you do not have to notify anyone just produse it at the relative boarder controls with the appropiat fire arm. Double check the numbers on the pass corespond with the firearms.The only people you have to notify are the airline you are traveling with. Word of note dont use B.A. "Sponsorship" if you are partaking in an organised hunt you will already have the appropiate docs.
    Tusker

+1 also find out if you need to get a return pass stamped at the bank, if going to spain you need to do this before returning (at a cost ) to the airport for a police inspection no paperwork no get gun back home on same flight or you did when i used to clay shoot out there. i never had a problem with rifles or pistols in ger/fra/bel/chec-etc thay could not give a dam. only time i ever had a problem was in the uk coming back home ?? jobs worth got a hard on when i said yup got 3 of them 100's of that ?? never mind i was a holder of a gb fac and within my rights to have them on uk soil

Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    I have had Euro passport for years now. if you are visiting an E.U. country you do not have to notify anyone just produse it at the relative boarder controls with the appropiat fire arm. Double check the numbers on the pass corespond with the firearms.The only people you have to notify are the airline you are traveling with. Word of note dont use B.A. "Sponsorship" if you are partaking in an organised hunt you will already have the appropiate docs.
    Tusker

Hi Deerstalker308,
    did you just send them a letter asking for the European firearms licence? and did they instantly know what you required, did you ring them first to discuss also do you have to send your firearms certificate with the letter and also state which guns are to go on it? also do you have to state what type of ammunition? thanks Dean

I just called my firearms office. Told them where I was going and what i was taking. The pass arrived in the post within the week. . Booked the flight and told the airline I would be traveling with a firearm . V v smooth (so far)

Had a EU pass for a few months ( getting it is very easy and free) thought it best as do actually shoot outside the UK occasionally, anyhow turned up at the airport, all going to plan, produced the pass...'don't need that mate , let me see you cert, ok i said, duly handed over all ppwk done, great flew off no trouble landed on foreign shores, went to collect said firearm, produced EU pass, don't need that mate, wheres you cert?...(all in Greek by the way) seems they were not interested in anything but my actual original certificate..will try out Spain, France & Italy in 2015 as see if its just a Greek thing..

thanks for the replies so far, will ring Derbyshire firearms at ripley in the morning and see if they want it in writing or not, if anyone from Derbyshire has one please reply to thread, thanks Dean

All that is required in writing is your request & for the permission for them to use an existing photo, which they have on file that you sent in when you supplied 4 or more photos in the cert application.

thanks rick6point5 will contact them today see what they say

Dean obtaining your EFP really is the least bothersome part of the whole firearms administration process in this country, it's a pity that the rest of it didn't work this way.
    As the other guys have already said simply drop your firearms department an email or write to them asking that they issue you with one. Tell them what firearms you want included on the EFP and which countries you want to visit and it will usually be sent to you in a day or so.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.