Thread: Meopta 7X50

Meopta 7X50

Can someone suggest a price for these scopes second hand? The glass is fine. The only damage is on the exterior of the scope which has had the finish worn off,(can't see when the scope is mounted though). It's a 1inch tube.

cheers!

I have one as well. Mines has a small ding in the front housing, and the turret caps are dented, Glass is as new, and it all works, so I paid 180ish for it.

Great scope, in the condition you describe 180-200.

150 max, especially if scruffy. Lots of them were bought very cheaply a few years ago before price hike, good little scopes, crosshairs can be a bit fine for woodland/ low light work.

Cheers for the replies guys, appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    Lots of them were bought very cheaply a few years ago before price hike
    Surely because price was less a few years ago has little effect on the current value? You wouldn't sell a purdey now for what you paid years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler.250 View Post
    Cheers for the replies guys, appreciate it!

Surely because price was less a few years ago has little effect on the current value? You wouldn't sell a purdey now for what you paid years ago?
    My point being, if i saw an older meopta for sale, it would bevworth in the region of 150 based on first cost, age, condition and warranty remaining. A newer one would be worth more, but still only 60% of new as a max, and really only high end scopes hold value. Meopta are good little scopes, but not classed as high end. I'd have one, at the right price.....

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    My point being, if i saw an older meopta for sale, it would bevworth in the region of 150 based on first cost, age, condition and warranty remaining. A newer one would be worth more, but still only 60% of new as a max, and really only high end scopes hold value. Meopta are good little scopes, but not classed as high end. I'd have one, at the right price.....
    Ah I get where you're coming from now

I have a 7x50, optics in great condition, paint flaking off, bought off a mate for 120. Brilliant scope, top quality optics, amazing low light capabilities. If it bothers you, either repaint or put a cover on.

jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Jgguinness View Post
    I have a 7x50, optics in great condition, paint flaking off, bought off a mate for 120. Brilliant scope, top quality optics, amazing low light capabilities. If it bothers you, either repaint or put a cover on.

jonathan
    Cheers for the reply. That's really cheap for a good scope!