Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NS200 for 5.99

NS200 for 5.99

As I write this I can't believe what I have just witnessed. I was in my local gunshop a couple of hours ago, 1/2 dozen or so customers in and staff dealing with sales etc. guy comes in to pick up his night vision kit a new NS200 which he had ordered. Staff show him the kit and he seems very pleased, out comes a 10 note and he says 5.99. Pregnant pause, a ha ha chuckle between the staff. Then it sinks in the guy genuinely thought it was 5.99. When he realised it was in fact 599.00 he had a huff and said he was told on the phone the unit cost 599. It was put down to miss communication and he walked out.
    Who in their right mind would think a piece of kit like that would cost less than 10

Brilliant, I get 'challenging' customers like that all the time! But you have to wonder how the muddle through life!!!!

LOL, Nothing quite like a chancer!!!

Alba gu brth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Ha Ha classic
    I remember as a kid seeing a pair of high end ski gloves in the window of the LD Mountain centre in Newcastle with a security tag on them.
    On the tag was written in pen "4.99"

I went in and asked for the gloves in the window.
    duly retrieved.

they got very stroppy when I handed them a fiver but realised the error and didn't have a leg to stand on!

Account Suspended
    who right in there mind would pay 599 for one Nite eye are 1/2 the price & 30% better optically.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Ha Ha classic

they got very stroppy when I handed them a fiver but realised the error and didn't have a leg to stand on!

Really???

think there is some law that if you advertise something for a specific price then you MUST sell it at that price

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    think there is some law that if you advertise something for a specific price then you MUST sell it at that price
    I believe that is the case. But in this instance it seems that when the potential customer made the phone enquiry he was told the price was
    5-9-9 to any reasonable person this would mean 599.00 in view of the equipment we are talking about, this bloke interpreted it as 5.99

No, a price tag is an 'invitation to treat' only. It's not binding.