Trade membership – am I missing something?

Offroad Gary

Trade membership – am I missing something?

There used to be a list/register of pro stalkers/guides on the forum, before the “trade membership” thing came about. Is this list still on the forum somewhere or do members offering stalking simply post in threads what they have to offer?

Just wondering if it’s still there, or perhaps what the thoughts are on reviving it, maybe listed by area/county?

Any thoughts?

I must Admit Gary,

I have never noticed it as I don't pay for stalking, but I must admit it sounds like a good idea to have something along these lines for the new members etc.

bob,

Have you looked in Deer Stalking Opportunities? That's where stalking is advertised.

Have you looked in Deer Stalking Opportunities? That's where stalking is advertised.
Yes, seen that, right mess isnt it!

so how about the "register" as it used to be, save looking through all that lot and save trade members having to keep bumping themselves up the list.

That sounds a good idea. maybe you could arrange it by region. We can then see whats on offer where we are etc. Also each outfit could have a review section taged on?
Dont know if im going to far just sounded good to me
Multiman

Agreed, I have a couple of times intentionally brought from trade members who advertise on here and ended up hitting refresh until the right companies advert appeared.

Yes, seen that, right mess isnt it!

so how about the "register" as it used to be, save looking through all that lot and save trade members having to keep bumping themselves up the list.

We are looking into making some of the threads more user friendly, I only discussed this with JAYB and Alex the other day. I do agree that it is becoming harder to find ones way around on some of the threads.

i do like how gary speaks his mind lol lol

but thats a good idea gary well done

Directory! That's the word I was looking for...

seem to remember the site started as a directory, with a forum added on, seems to have moved on a bit since then!

Sounds like it would be a great tool for those selling and buying, could people add themselves to a map that then links to their info/prices etc.

Sounds like it would be a great tool for those selling and buying, could people add themselves to a map that then links to their info/prices etc.

+1.. and some indication of where they are in the country to make like easier to book as locally as possible.

Its not always a simple process to see that info if Trade Members do not add their location tol their forum information.
It would really help everyone I think

It would also be helpful to 48 hr. days and nothing else to do :D

John

The directorys previous owner did it, albeit without having to watch who had paid, appreciate it would take some work, but it would be a benefit to both trade and non-trade members...

perhaps even charge more for it and weed out the trade members who arent "in the trade"?

We can do without the admin overhead of looking after a separate resource, but saying that much of the data is already there. I will look into perhaps having a 'directory' autogenerated from the list of Trade Members, and perhaps extract a list of services/locations which they can fill in in their profile? An extended version of this existing list perhaps?

Show Groups - The Stalking Directory

Can't make any promises with regards to timescales at the moment though I'm afraid..

That's almost there, just really need to add services supplied. Ie, stalking, overseas hunting, reloading components, rifle building, gfe, whatever really....

i think costs should remain undisclosed...

I do apriciate that it takes time and energy to do this but I feel it would be beneficial the the site and the members. Keep up the good work admin guys.

Back