Thread: Securing a Dog Box in L200

Securing a Dog Box in L200

I have just bought an L200 which has a load liner. I have Lintran DB4 box that I want to use in the truck and would appreciate advice/experience as to how best to ensure that my dogs are safe and that it does not move about but is readily removeable. Althought the truck is covered in I don't want to leave them loose in the back as my young lab bitch is an escape artist and inveterate chewer if bored.

Under rail or over rail type liner is first question as one you can fit with new lashing points the other you need to cut holes in to access the original lashing point?

I have similar set up in my Hilux, I just secure with 1/2 dozen bungee straps, keeps it in place & easy to take out

KL fibreglass products. They do locks on dog boxes and make bespoke items. They have just made me a dog box with draws with a lock on each compartment. Www.klfibreglassproducts.com

This is what I had made up for mine basically a mesh guard with a door easily removable I love it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	25552
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; 08-03-2013 at 08:40.

Quote Originally Posted by lordy View Post
    Under rail or over rail type liner is first question as one you can fit with new lashing points the other you need to cut holes in to access the original lashing point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire lad View Post
    KL fibreglass products. They do locks on dog boxes and make bespoke items. They have just made me a dog box with draws with a lock on each compartment. Www.klfibreglassproducts.com
    Its the under rail type so the lashing points are obscured at present.
    The Lintran has locking doors so that is not a problem.

I would cut a hole in the corner of the load liner to expose the lashing points in each corner and then use strong bungees or Ratchet straps attached one on each side to hold it in place. What reg / shape L200 is it I am talking about the older shape L200 Pre 2006.
    Last edited by lordy; 08-03-2013 at 09:06.

I use a small ratchet strap over the top of the box

I used to have a new shape L200 and there were 6 lashing hoops in the bed. My liner had ready made holes in it that were blanked off when not in use.

I used a small ratchet strap to them and over the top of the box and it stayed put very well indeed with whatever bounching about was happening

Quote Originally Posted by see it shoot it View Post
    I use a small ratchet strap over the top of the box
    +1