Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pensioners fined for shooting deer out of season Perthshire

Pensioners fined for shooting deer out of season Perthshire

Pensioners fined for shooting deer out of season on Dunkeld estate | Dundee Tayside | News | STV

Interesting story but usual over the top reporting the facts.

Quote "The foresters contacted police, who found the carcases of five deer - three fallow and two roe - in the back of Roberts and Boulton's pick-up truck. Four of the animals had been butchered, with their head and feet cut off."

I thought the heads fell off!!!!
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

Quote Originally Posted by mark-joppa View Post
    Pensioners fined for shooting deer out of season on Dunkeld estate | Dundee Tayside | News | STV

Interesting story but usual over the top reporting the facts.

Quote "The foresters contacted police, who found the carcases of five deer - three fallow and two roe - in the back of Roberts and Boulton's pick-up truck. Four of the animals had been butchered, with their head and feet cut off."

I thought the heads fell off!!!!
    Typical "Grass root's" journalism, that smacks of they aint really got a clue!!! wouldnt dream of condoning any out of season culling, however the guys quite obviously had permission to be there. I bet the actual event was no were near as dramatic as written, artistic licence is one thing,bull-sh!t to fill a "wee" hole in the news is another!!

Can't see what the term "pensioners" has got to do with anything. One is later described as a company director. The "reporter" is surmising he is drawing a pension to add drama to the story, suggesting with the headline that needy pensionsers caught poaching? I find the paragraph about pointing a loaded gun in their direction a bit fantastic. If this did happen how can they be sure that he had seen them at that point? Breach of the Peace verdict is a bit mild if he was really threatening them with menace.

Does the photo of a load of air rifles on a park bench have any relevance whatsoever to the article?

They were out of season.........call the journalism what you want it wont affect the deer season.
    Had permisson will probably be the right term ,it certainly would be on the places i stalk..........Close season is just that...

Quote Originally Posted by Greymaster View Post
    Can't see what the term "pensioners" has got to do with anything. One is later described as a company director. The "reporter" is surmising he is drawing a pension to add drama to the story, suggesting with the headline that needy pensionsers caught poaching? I find the paragraph about pointing a loaded gun in their direction a bit fantastic. If this did happen how can they be sure that he had seen them at that point? Breach of the Peace verdict is a bit mild if he was really threatening them with menace.
    As the accused were having a conversation with the foresters at the time I think its likley they had seen them! It also says the bullet turned out to be spent so it was an empty case, but not clever to point even an uloaded rifle at anyone

Two fined for illegal deer killing | Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan_Terrier View Post
    Does the photo of a load of air rifles on a park bench have any relevance whatsoever to the article?
    +1

I know a farmer form Barnsley that shoots with Roberts. Apparently his rifles shotguns and certificates were confiscated by the police following his return home.

Quote Originally Posted by DEER STALKER View Post
    I know a farmer form Barnsley that shoots with Roberts. Apparently his rifles shotguns and certificates were confiscated by the police following his return home.
    Deerstalker before you place info on this website you better get your facts right ,person in question still holds his shotgun and firearms cert and no recommendation has been made from the Scottish court or South Yorkshire for the certs to be removed.
    Person in question has spent a serious amount of money defending this case i would recommend you get you facts right before you put them on on a public forum and you may find yourself liable.
    Like others say alot more to this case than been published in press.

Quote Originally Posted by sika No1 View Post
    Deerstalker before you place info on this website you better get your facts right ,person in question still holds his shotgun and firearms cert and no recommendation has been made from the Scottish court or South Yorkshire for the certs to be removed.
    Person in question has spent a serious amount of money defending this case i would recommend you get you facts right before you put them on on a public forum and you may find yourself liable.
    Like others say alot more to this case than been published in press.
    According to all the papers they pled guilty though so why have they spent so much defending the case?