Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deer Stalking fair Kelso?

Deer Stalking fair Kelso?

What's the above fair like? I may be going down to pick up a couple of shoulder mounts off a taxidermist. Is it quite a small fair? It's a fair treck from Inverness though

Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler.250 View Post
    What's the above fair like? I may be going down to pick up a couple of shoulder mounts off a taxidermist. Is it quite a small fair? It's a fair treck from Inverness though

What's it like ? Who knows, it will be it's first year. I expect it will be good though, do some searches on here.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler.250 View Post
    So far, it's been faultless, never had a bad experience there. It's not huge but it is unique. .... "you'll never know, unless you go"

hope it is good cos me and a few mates are going so if we all go we cant fail

It has the makings of being a great show - Jamross from this site has be working tirelessly for months to make it happen with plenty of big name retailers going and should cater for all needs.

We will be attending and will have deals on knives, lardering products, knife sharpening systems, Roe Sack/Sika sacks and losts more..

Regards

Rob
    www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk for quality stalking & shooting accessories

It'll be good - - start saving up!
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

The fair sounds good. The guys running it are a pair of knobs though .

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    The fair sounds good. The guys running it are a pair of knobs though .
    Tw*t...

Look at it this way.

I go to Scone and Moy fair every year. I stalk, shoot, fish for salmon and trout and work dogs yet these fairs still only have probably no more than 20 stands I am really interested in, but it is a good day out and a chance to meet up with mates.....except Nelson. But the majority of the stands at fairs now don't do much for me to be honest. Although I admit to enjoying the food marquee at Scone and get tore into the fresh oysters and free wine samples!

If you are into stalking, preparing your own venison, working dogs for deer or whatever else in the sport, then I would guess that every exhibitor here will be of interest. Even if you don't want to buy anything they are selling, the stands will have something to get your attention. Plus the chance to spend the day talking about stalking with stalkers! I would also imagine there will be a few swapped days sorted over the weekend!

I also found out today that one of the taxidermists coming is starting to prepare a gold medal fallow buck on the Saturday and hopes to have it completed by the Sunday. I have never had a beast prepared by a taxidermist but would really look forward to seeing what goes on with that task.

anyone selling sausage machines????