Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scotland's police force

Scotland's police force

As most north of the border will know as of 1st April the county police forces will come to an end
    and we will have one police force covering the whole of Scotland, and one chief Constable for the whole of the country.

Believe the country will be split into regions (6 I think but I am not certain on that ) they will each have a deputy(not sure of the correct term) answerable to the chief Constable.

What are the members views on how this will effect firearm licensing, as there will then be only one force and only one Chief Constable will all firearm license applications be treated the same and put an end to different forces applying their own agendas.

The date says it all

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    As most north of the border will know as of 1st April the county police forces will come to an end
    and we will have one police force covering the whole of Scotland, and one chief Constable for the whole of the country.

Believe the country will be split into regions (6 I think but I am not certain on that ) they will each have a deputy(not sure of the correct term) answerable to the chief Constable.

What are the members views on how this will effect firearm licensing, as there will then be only one force and only one Chief Constable will all firearm license applications be treated the same and put an end to different forces applying their own agendas.
    I DO very much hope so....experience wil be the real test; esp. given the SNP's recent directives etc.

I know that fellow shooters from other regions have fewer delays & problems than I've had recently...plus other areas seem to not take offence when certain types of firearm or ammunition are requested to be added to an FAC

...one Chief Constable will all firearm license applications be treated the same and put an end to different forces applying their own agendas.
    You're hoping but I'm hoping that Northern will continue to be exemplary.
    Yes, April Fools Day says it all...

I would guess that as the new Scottish Police Service CC is going to be the current Strathclyde one, then the influence in how this progresses will vey much be in line with their current practices. it may not show up straight away but will eventually filter through I would think.

What is the current Strathclyde approach to firearms and ownership?

Quote Originally Posted by Barkingsnake View Post
    Thats the whole point there will be no Northern or any other regional force, its going to mean a huge exercise
    all police vehicle logos will have to be the same,all stationary etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    I would guess that as the new Scottish Police Service CC is going to be the current Strathclyde one, then the influence in how this progresses will vey much be in line with their current practices. it may not show up straight away but will eventually filter through I would think.

What is the current Strathclyde approach to firearms and ownership?
    Yes I believe you are correct he will be Scotland's police services first Chief Constable

Quote Originally Posted by Barkingsnake View Post
    I put in for my FAC/SGC at the start of this month hoping it'd get through before all the April Fools day mayhem kicks off.... here's hoping....

Thats the whole point there will be no Northern or any other regional force, its going to mean a huge exercise
    all police vehicle logos will have to be the same,all stationary etc etc.
    I live in the belief (no matter how misguided as it's better to hope than not) that in our fine land people still matter and that logos (and other paraphernalia) come second.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheesht! View Post
    I put in for my FAC/SGC at the start of this month hoping it'd get through before all the April Fools day mayhem kicks off.... here's hoping....
    Hmmm, you and me share the same cynicism! Been there (in October) and done that!