Mauser M03 and Blaser R93 comparison

AdamS

Hello everyone,
I am considering swapping my rifles fora switch barrel system either Mauser M03 or Blaser R93, can anyone let me know the pro's and con's of each make and any recommendations of the most reliable and user friendly make.
Regards,
Adam. :lol:

My thoughts on the various merits of Blaser/Mauser switch barrels are simple....buy two or three Sakos! JC

JC275 said:
My thoughts on the various merits of Blaser/Mauser switch barrels are simple....buy two or three Sakos! JC

is that how many "tikka ghias" you have to buy to find one that shoots straight :lol:

r93 all day long, bullet proof, accurate, consistent, sexy :oops:

mauser probably as good but less readily available so i would choose R93 - i have the "farmers" version - bottom of the range which has had the sh!t knocked out of it for about 12 years and still is fantastic. and they do come apart and go back on zero every time.

Adam,

I am no expert, but I have used a professional's Blaser R93 for most of my stalking. Great gun, but I couldn't stretch to one when I bought my own set-up.

I tried a Mauser MO3 in a shop and noticed how much heavier it was than the Blaser. I understand Blaser and Mauser are owned by the same company or group and certainly the quality of the Mauser is very good as is the Blaser's.

In other words I suspect the choice is really about what weight of gun you prefer!

Neal

I use a Mauser M03 extreme and like it a lot. I did a write up on it on this forum somewhere.
Have shot with the Blaser and as others have said a very nice accurate rifle. From a personsl view point the Blaser do's not get my juices flowing like the Mauser. All down to personal choice

Back