Red deer stalking leases

Am looking for Red / Roe stalking lease in Scotland. From Dumfries up to Perth, any further north would make it too far to travel. Team of 4 all DMQ level 2, 2 are DMQ approved witness's. Have quad with necessary tickets. Can put the time in to complete cull. Am looking for contacts for leases or a lease, am not looking to jion a syndicate.

Guess you have tried all the usual forestry companies Tillhill,Fountains and the FC commission.
Other wise think it maybe letter writing and build your self a web page offering your services,you never know someone may show an interest and contact you.
Don't think anyone is going to do the leg work for you as most would like what you are trying to find.

Ha ha, was looking for some useful comments :cuckoo:

that was a useful comment , i think it translates as get to the back of the que :rofl:

with the greatest respect and on a serious note i would guess 85% of people on this forum are looking for land of some description .

it simply come to too many rifles and not enough land !:(

The thing I would say is many land holders want to build there own team not introduce a team of mates who could after a year or two go it alone .i know of someone now who may want to build such a team in that area but that person would definitely want an unrelated party of persons from out of the territory .
i know this is not helpful but the approache of having an all singing all dancing "team" of qualified stalking guys wouldnt appeal to me either .
anyway good luck
kind regards
norma

Last edited:
that was a useful comment , i think it translates as get to the back of the que :rofl:

with the greatest respect and on a serious note i would guess 85% of people on this forum are looking for land of some description .

it simply come to too many rifles and not enough land !:(

lee simple one Bollacks England has a land area of 130.400 Km2 maybe if your country men shared a little better you would all have some shooting .

Scotland has a land area of 78.390 km2 but the English use it more than they use there own country WHY!!!

In the last week there has hardly been a day, there the issue of Deer hasn't been in the media in one fashion or another ,mainly aimed at England i may add about time that all those looking for land made the right moves to there MPs, with the very issues of Deer and "hello" were out here but yet still have to travel to Scotland to shoot and or stalk deer .

Noting to the MP's that the Forestry Commission is a public body, why is it the lands of the Forestry Commission in Scotland can be used for recreational purpose of Deer Stalking, BUT in England they are not there the loss of revenue in this area should be looked at .

That would have been more appropriate answer, than get to the back of the Que I'd have thought , the English are great at gobbing off at everything else why not this consensus issue .

Thanks "Widows Son" as for the rest of the comment I am not an idiot and was looking for contacts not someone to do the legwork... Will think twice before seeking advice here again....Probably should have mentioned I have shooting rights over 2000 acres that I let out. Was looking for new ground and a new challenge. When my ground comes up for lease again I will be sure NOT to advertise it on this site!:mad:

Deako it is so enjoy but if you really want to manage deer in the true sense Widowson is correct you all need to get together maybe through BASC BDS NGO and put in to words to the government that there is a valuable resource on there door step but they don't use it WHY .
This site as Lee 6.5 rightly says has 80% or more looking for stalking England has a real deer problem in many many areas its not rocket science.

It`s an age old problem

SNH state that East Lothian is a serious issue with high deer numbers and RTA`s,, but no one can shoot them ! Same situation in many places,, high numbers of deer and low numbers of stalking rights owners, unwilling to manage them unless someone is paying to pull the trigger.

i.e Greed

It`s an age old problem

SNH state that East Lothian is a serious issue with high deer numbers and RTA`s,, but no one can shoot them ! Same situation in many places,, high numbers of deer and low numbers of stalking rights owners, unwilling to manage them unless someone is paying to pull the trigger.

i.e Greed

+1
i look after a bit of farm land (manage just sounds wrong i am not that good) and i asked the farmer what he wanted done as the deer were damaging a willow plantion when i started and he told me to keep the numbers down and i have from seeing twenty plus roe in the field every day to them being very rare now. the problem is to many people pay strong money for shooting rights for one or two days a year or just to keep there ticket and the deer are not shot and over populate or the owner is not happy with the deer.

Deako it is so enjoy but if you really want to manage deer in the true sense Widowson is correct you all need to get together maybe through BASC BDS NGO and put in to words to the government that there is a valuable resource on there door step but they don't use it WHY .
This site as Lee 6.5 rightly says has 80% or more looking for stalking England has a real deer problem in many many areas its not rocket science.

Fair comment.

I always thought Scotland was an Englishman's playground? **tin hat on** :coat:

Scotland is a play ground for so many and so many different sports due to many land issues in England ,why the people don't lobby there MP's i dont know ,after all the MP's are your spokes person's ,that are paid a small fortune of your money ,to sort out "everyones" issues .

The English land owners are still living in the dark ages its mine and trespassers will be dealt with etc etc . Ive never really understood why we can shoot the foreshore as it is deemed as crown land ,which maybe used for recreational use by all in Scotland .

But in England the foreshore is private and you require permission to be there ,to carry out wildfowling activities etc Why ???

The other issue is there are so many English stalkers competing for Scottish forestry lands there actually doing themselves a injustice by pushing the price of stalking through the roof to get stalking Ive seen some land going for twice what it is worth due to the madness to gain a bit of land .

As i stated before time you had a look at the structure of the English forestry and land agents ,get the rules changed to suit yourselves ,after all currently we are one country with different rules of the same company IE the Forestry Commission has anyone bothered to ask why .

You were lucky to help them manage deer they were paying many hundreds of thousand to control there self.
I hope you make a few quid from the deal Amberdog

Scotland is a play ground for so many and so many different sports due to many land issues in England ,why the people don't lobby there MP's i dont know ,after all the MP's are your spokes person's ,that are paid a small fortune of your money ,to sort out "everyones" issues .

The English land owners are still living in the dark ages its mine and trespassers will be dealt with etc etc . Ive never really understood why we can shoot the foreshore as it is deemed as crown land ,which maybe used for recreational use by all in Scotland .

But in England the foreshore is private and you require permission to be there ,to carry out wildfowling activities etc Why ???

The other issue is there are so many English stalkers competing for Scottish forestry lands there actually doing themselves a injustice by pushing the price of stalking through the roof to get stalking Ive seen some land going for twice what it is worth due to the madness to gain a bit of land .

As i stated before time you had a look at the structure of the English forestry and land agents ,get the rules changed to suit yourselves ,after all currently we are one country with different rules of the same company IE the Forestry Commission has anyone bothered to ask why .

+1 I know of a number of syndicates paying what can only be described as HUGELY inflated amounts for stalking . . . . all of these syndicates without exception are from waaaay south of the border. It does no one any good.

Back