Thread: Winchester Featherweight 25WSSM

Regular Poster

Winchester Featherweight 25WSSM

The rifle is as new and comes with original box and paperwork - no dings or scratches - 500 ovno. (A Timney trigger is fitted with original in box)

There is also a Burris 6.5 - 20 Fullfield II scope in similar condition as well as rings/bases available if required and I have both some factory ammunition (approx 200) and sufficient loading components and kit to keep most people stalking and foxing with this rifle for a long long while.

Regular Poster
    Surely someone is looking for a 25-06 and would just as soon have this !

Im drooling 325... Im just getting rid of my 25-06 for a 308 or I would have grabbed it.. For me theres something special with wssm's.

Nutty

Quote Originally Posted by 325wsm View Post
    Surely someone is looking for a 25-06 and would just as soon have this !
    ​Never really heard of the caliber. I'm thinking of replacing my 25-06 with a newer one. Honest question - what would make me consider this as a substitute?

Regular Poster
    Apologies for not responding earlier I did not receive a notification of your posts.

Please Google "Winchester Featherweight 25WSSM" for pics on Google Images - there are lots of pics of similar rifles.

If there is any particular aspect of my rifle you wish me to photograph please ask.

Re my reason for a WW 25WSSM rather than a 25-06.

I lost the sight in my right eye due to an accident but am right handed. To shoot a long action from the right shoulder is fine for the first shot but a quick second shot often results in a bloody bridge to my nose. The short action wssm is great for me as the bolt cannot reach my nose!

My other reason was the choice of a Winchester Featherweight - a lovely looking and very light rifle that can be carried all day without fatigue. The action is great with controlled feed and the 3 position safety I find the best of all.

Perhaps one last thing - as with most calibres there was also the calibre itself - the 25WSSM wasn’t available in the UK so if one cannot have one tends to want even more and having found the 22 and 243 WSSMs excellent rounds I wanted a 25.

Regular Poster
    If you would like a copy of an article or two on the virtues of the WSSM please PM me