Thread: Recommendation for name and date shield plaques?

Regular Poster

Recommendation for name and date shield plaques?

Since moving I no longer have access to my friendly engraver and I need 4 really smart roe deer plaques to mount for a friend's wedding present. I have seen Bushwear's and may end up resorting to them but would rather go direct to an engraver. Does anyone please have a recommendation / contact they have been pleased with? Many thanks

most shoe repairers will engrave for you.

Regular Poster
    If anyone is looking for engraved plates for their trophies I can recommend this on-line service: http://www.theengravingshop.co.uk/?g...FYQfwwod1SYAqA

It has bugged me that 1 engraved plate was costing circa 17 - 23 when I used to be able to have them done much cheaper. Anyway I used these people last week, ordered in the late afternoon and the plates were done and posted the next morning. Very happy with them. You can choose from different materials, many sizes and finishes. Final engraved cost of each brass plate was 8 and I had a white laminate one done with black engraved writing which was 3.56.

I have no connection with them whatsoever but thought it might be worth anyone looking into if it's something you often spend money on.

Hi Foss

We work directly with engravers so the jobs is done to 100% quality and perfection. We send what you want engraved direct to them who then send out your item straight from you. Essentially we are the middle man but a company we have been using for years and proud to work with. Any queries regarding the process, feel free to get in touch lindsay@bushwear.co.uk

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Lindsay H. at BushWear

Regular Poster
    Hi Lindsay,

You'll see from another recent thread that I really rate Bushwear and am a regular customer. I've bought loads of kit from you over the years and will continue to do so. However the engraved plate is one of the items I thought I would look elsewhere. The white laminate plate on your website shown below at 25 is the exact style I got for 3.56.
    http://www.bushwear.co.uk/Product/engraving-no-7-eng7
    I don't mean to be a smart alec by any means but thought without mentioning names at all I'd share the cost saving with other forum users. I appreciate Bushwear will have their own costs to cover in providing the service.

Best wishes,

Foss

Hi Foss,

No problem at all! As you probably know already we're always here to help but totally appreciate people look elsewhere.

Best wishes

Lindsay

Another vote for theses guys!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foss View Post
    If anyone is looking for engraved plates for their trophies I can recommend this on-line service: http://www.theengravingshop.co.uk/?g...FYQfwwod1SYAqA

Virtutis Gloria Merces