Thread: Bitches first heat

Bitches first heat

My bitch is 15 months and hasnt come into heat yet
    Any ideas of helpful suggestions?
    Thanks

What type of dog and how heavy is she?

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

what breed of dog is she? not being rude but if she is kept in kennels you may not notice

Quote Originally Posted by upscuttled View Post
    My bitch is 15 months and hasnt come into heat yet
    Any ideas of helpful suggestions?
    Thanks
    I wouldn't rush it, once she starts then starts the inconvenience, and to be honest you won't want to breed from her until she is older anyway, especially if you plan on working her. I always think 3 onwards is the earliest age for breeding, by then you have got a few working seasons under the belt before you start messing with her hormones!

I won`t be breeding from her for a couple years anyway. She is Hanoverian hound. Its has been on my mind and wouldn`t mind hearing opinions on this. She has a free reign of the back garden and is not kenneled all day. Thanks for the replies.

Some bitches just mature a little later, I wouldn't worry about it. Physical condition does seem to account for a bit but as someone said are you sure she hasn't had a season? I have a bitch with a slightly inverted vulva, not a problem but if I didn't 'tissue test' her when she was due to come in season I may well miss it as she doesn't bleed heavily and is very good with cleaning herself when in season. Of course our other bitches are usually a bigger tell train as they do a 'train' around the house when one is in season!