Thread: Clumber Spaniel is great but she could be better

Clumber Spaniel is great but she could be better

Hi All,

I have trained my Clumber so far and she is great but I think with proffessional blood training she could get a lot better. She is 1 1/2 and both family pet and used or this purpose.

over the last 6/8 months she has been out with me and has a good nose, I have trained using fresh blood and even gone to the extent of hiding the occasional leg in the garden to see how quickly she gets on it.

i have contacted my local "dog trainer" who weren't particularly helpful...more dog walkers than trainers.

can anyone recommend a good, knowledgeable trainer near Chichester, Sussex?

Please PM me

Thanks

B
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	273.1 KB 
ID:	25605

You have the power to train it yourself! Get some books and question people on here, some very knowledgeable people on here!

I have seen untrained clumber spaniels find a deer, they went off without a lead, into the thicket and came back with blood on its mouth, we just followed it back to the deer, brilliant dog at tracking, it wasn't just luck, it has done it on several occassions.
    Cheers
    Richard

You seem to be pleased with you dogs training so far, continue as you are, maybe buy a good book or plenty advice on the internet (some good, some not so). Most of all enjoy training yourself and your dog.

Quote Originally Posted by AllThingsShooting View Post
    Hi All,

I have trained my Clumber so far and she is great but I think with proffessional blood training she could get a lot better. She is 1 1/2 and both family pet and used or this purpose.

over the last 6/8 months she has been out with me and has a good nose, I have trained using fresh blood and even gone to the extent of hiding the occasional leg in the garden to see how quickly she gets on it.

i have contacted my local "dog trainer" who weren't particularly helpful...more dog walkers than trainers.

can anyone recommend a good, knowledgeable trainer near Chichester, Sussex?

Please PM me

Thanks

B
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	273.1 KB 
ID:	25605

Thanks all, I have read and read and read. She is great but I always have that thought that with a bit of proffessional assistance she could be put to the next level!

On every occasion thus far she has found exactly what she was meant too!

Just think we both would be missing out unless she was pushed to her potential.

B