Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which one?

Question Which one?

I have finally come round to buying a moderator...

From what i have read/ been told, i have come down to 2 choices;

- Jet Z compact

- A tec cmm4

It is to go on my Howa 1500 in .243, they are both a similar price and about the maximum i can afford to spend on one. I dont want to upset the balance of my rifle, it is only used for stalking other then zeroing. I don't want too much length added to the barrel, so which one would you go for?

Cheers, Tom

SD Regular
    If you want balance and a lack of length added, have you looked at the ATEC Maxim? I'd have the CMM4 over the Jet Z - balance is more important than length to me.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

No i havent but my friend has one on his rifle so will have to have a look at it, what benifits does it offer over the others?

Cheers

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shotguntom View Post
    No i havent but my friend has one on his rifle so will have to have a look at it, what benifits does it offer over the others?

Cheers
    The Maxim as I understand it is the CMM4 in reflex (part over barrel) format, so you get the lightness and the small addition in length. TBH, the CMM4 is fine and you could always remove a baffle if length is that much of a problem.
    You've not spoken of the quality of sound reduction which is of course the other compromise you make in this sort of conundrum......
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Cmm4 nuff said awesome moderator

Tom, if you fancy having a go with my pes t12 you're more than welcome, worth considering, as despite the actual weight seeming high, the way it's distributed you really don't feel it, and noise reduction is about as good as you can get, with minimal extra length to worry about.....shout if you want to try.
    andy

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    CMM4, the balance of the firearm is not noticed as the Moderator is so light.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    The Maxim as I understand it is the CMM4 in reflex (part over barrel) format, so you get the lightness and the small addition in length. TBH, the CMM4 is fine and you could always remove a baffle if length is that much of a problem.
    You've not spoken of the quality of sound reduction which is of course the other compromise you make in this sort of conundrum......
    From what i have read the difference in sound reduction is not a huge difference between the two, unless someone can suggest otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Tom, if you fancy having a go with my pes t12 you're more than welcome, worth considering, as despite the actual weight seeming high, the way it's distributed you really don't feel it, and noise reduction is about as good as you can get, with minimal extra length to worry about.....shout if you want to try.
    andy
    Cheers for the offer, May well take you up on it when im back from university.

Cheers

No worries, might as well try before you commit to one or the other, shout when you're back and we'll sort it out.