Thinking of starting up my taxidermy again!

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
DSC_1772.jpg

Thinking of starting up my taxidermy again, its been a about 5 years since I stopped due to moving and stalking with clients. I have about 25 mounts of my own to do from Africa, but the Nyala is mine, and still looks good since I shot it in 1996.

If you need practice materials, I'll be more than happy to let you try your hand at any roe buck I may have in June. It's fine, you're welcome....

If you need practice materials, I'll be more than happy to let you try your hand at any roe buck I may have in June. It's fine, you're welcome....

Hmm thanks Lawrence but I dont need the practice, just thinking of starting the art again. All my gear is stached in my mothers garage at the moment, including my fleshing ,machine for tanning. Just need to purchase a big enough workshop to put in the garden!

DSC_1775.jpg

Picture of my Springbuck I shot in Botswana, taxidermy work by myself.

Couple of cracking mounts there Malc, I daubled in taxidermy myself for about 10 years unfortunately the house and workshop and dog kennels are long gone! But I love the art of taxidermy. Start back up Malc you cannot let your artistic knowledge go to waste. And. I'm sure your books will be filled with commissions in no time.

Not what i am used to looking at Malc have you done any roe deer

Lots, Reds, Sika, Roe, Fallow, CWD and Munties. Some even life size. I was taught and trained by the old curator of the museum I worked in. He was taught by the first curator who was going to be the naturalist on Scotts first expidition to the pole but failed to go, but did do some taxidermy work on the speciemens bought back. He became curator of the museum in 1920 and past down his knowledge to my old boss, who passed away some 20 years ago.

Stick some pictures up of the roe they are my fav and while i have shot bigger some how they don't seem to suit my wee council house.

Back