Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great Wall Motors Steed

Great Wall Motors Steed

I have just been to test drive the Steed SE. It would be great to hear of any comments that members have. Many thanks

Somebody on pigeon watch is doing an ongoing review, so far it has been ok I believe.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by roe2506 View Post
    I have just been to test drive the Steed SE. It would be great to hear of any comments that members have. Many thanks
    What about your comments?.

If you have a look at one up close, take a look under the bonnet. There is a plate on the right hand side which tells you the date the car was produced. I think you'll be surprised how old some of these 'brand new' trucks are. Apparently there was a problem with compliance testing and they sat around in China for a long time.

Personally I would rather eat wasps than own one. Especially with the relentless nauseating overhyping given to them by Team Wild.

A work mate had one last weekend for 24 hours:

Not particularly well designed, not great in the styling department but overall he thought it was probably quite well built, fairly basic, but had all the functions you'd need as a work vehicle. I guess only time will tell how well they're built etc.
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

Just wondering what their re sale value would be and how reliable are they?.
    Atb John

Had a look around one for the first time last summer. Having owned from new a Isuzu Rodeo LE, all I can say is that the interior and to a certain extent the outside is based on the Rodeo, in particular the inside.

HOWEVER the finish is cheap and flimsy, as are the body panels. It is also underpowered for the size of the vehicle.

BUT for the price you pay they are the cheapest in the crew cab market, although has been said the re sale value will be low

IF I had the money I would buy another Isuzu Rodeo, they now have a 125,000 mile warranty and are for me very good vehicles.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by danpd View Post
    Personally I would rather eat wasps than own one. Especially with the relentless nauseating overhyping given to them by Team Wild.
    Dan you burger i have just spat oot my nice cup of tea all over the place with this comment.

made my rather boring let down again day feel a tad better.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Thanks for all of your comments,really appreciated. I found it quite a nice ride and well equipped. Re-sale value will be quite scary...totally agree. Wish i could afford the Isuzu Rodeo too.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    Dan you burger i have just spat oot my nice cup of tea all over the place with this comment.

made my rather boring let down again day feel a tad better.

bob.
    Glad I could be of some relief Bob, I'm afraid with me a spade is a spade.