Moly Coated Federal Power Shoks

Chris Rob

When I purchased my first batch of 120 6.5x55 Power Shoks the first two boxes I used had a coating of some sort similar to Moly on the bullet. I opened a fresh box the other night & found these were standard copper jacketed rounds, I checked the remainder of the boxes & these were the same.

Wondering if this would effect my zero I took the remaining rounds into Francis Lovells where they were purchased & Francis had no idea there were any differences in the rounds he had in stock so he opened up 4 fresh boxes & they were all coated so he swapped them for me but had not heard that Federal were changing over to a coated bullet.

I thought I would e-mail Federal & got this response this morning:

"Greetings,

The 6.5x55 is Moly coated to decrease pressure of this round. You may have a slight variation in your point of impact"

So I was right to question it, it looks like the standard rounds were old stock. Interestingly chatting to mjjl the other night, Mark uses the same calibre as me & has never used a coated round to date!

Chris

Chris

Glad to see the conundrum solved, although you have to question Federal's method of communication with their dealers. :confused: Fair dues to Francis Lovells as well.

willie_gunn

I shoot Power Shok too, in both .308 and .223 -

Never seen a coated round either and have had a batch since they all ran out - 2-3 months ago??

Me thinks GMK is clearing old stock out too then - or are dealers returning old for the the new?

Tom

Tommo said:
I shoot Power Shok too, in both .308 and .223 -

Never seen a coated round either and have had a batch since they all ran out - 2-3 months ago??

Me thinks GMK is clearing old stock out too then - or are dealers returning old for the the new?

Tom

Good question Tom? :confused:

Chris

Back