Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lovex D073.4 is also known as "Accurate ????"

Lovex D073.4 is also known as "Accurate ????"

Lovex D073.4 is also known as "Accurate ????"

After cross referencing the powder I have ended with 2 different answers with different load data. Could anyone put me right?

Many Thanks

Lovex D073.4 Smokeless Powders - (similar to Accurate 2230) Rifle Propellants
    D073.4 One of our most popular rifle propellants. A double base, ball propellant developed for use in the 223 Remington (5.56 NATO). D073.4 Is very popular with modern service rifle shooters.

reloading chart
    Last edited by kennyc; 11-03-2013 at 16:08.
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Good powder, the Americans have been buying it for years but marketed under the Accurate Arms label. If you have a problem or a question contact explosia and you will find that they simply can't do enough to help you far different to the American company which is quite unusual because most U.S. companies are very very good.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I use 2520 in my 308 and its brilliant powder,sends my scenars on the money

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    I use 2520 in my 308 and its brilliant powder,sends my scenars on the money
    T tried it in my .308 and 7.5x55 its my impression that the powder likes a heavy load, I couldn't get the cases to seal with the book loads, lots of soot everywhere, went to N140 then TR140 never had to go for broke with either of those a lot of target shooters seem to like the 2520 though (now only sold under the Lovax name)
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

D073.4 = Accurate 2230 according to the Lovex book

Lovex powders are imported by Westlander Ltd

Any queries, contact him. He is a nice bloke, who also did me a cracking deal on one of his gun safes.

He attends some of the shooting shows/gamefairs.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    D073.4 = Accurate 2230 according to the Lovex book
    wake up Rog! post #2

I've used Lovex D073.6 in my 30-06 with 175grain Sierra Matchkings as it was supposed to be "similar to Accurate 2520" that worked quite well. Having found some loads that seemed to group fairly well I took them for a test over the chorograph and the extreme spread was greater than 100fps which seemed pretty crap considering that I could get 30 or better from RamShot BigGame with the same bullet. I tried a variety of primers to no avail. I'm not convinced it's the same stuff as Accurate and the words "similar to" make me twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkingsnake View Post
    I've used Lovex D073.6 in my 30-06 with 175grain Sierra Matchkings as it was supposed to be "similar to Accurate 2520" that worked quite well. Having found some loads that seemed to group fairly well I took them for a test over the chorograph and the extreme spread was greater than 100fps which seemed pretty crap considering that I could get 30 or better from RamShot BigGame with the same bullet. I tried a variety of primers to no avail. I'm not convinced it's the same stuff as Accurate and the words "similar to" make me twitch.
    I don't know the ins and outs of it, I tried both brand names and got the same sooty cases from both unless I loaded at the upper end of the book loads?