Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STALKING VENUES

STALKING VENUES

Hi Guys,

Had my visit from the fac officer 2day. No probs so should see my fac in the next couple of weeks.(Hopefully !) So onto the next phase......places to stalk. Based in West Wales (Cardigan) SA4 so looking for references for venues within a 2/3 hrs of home. Iwrch swears by BASC Thetford Warren (I can see why from Google Earth) but It's about a 6 + Hrs drive. I'll treat myself when I've the time though! Need somewhere nearer...West Wales, Powys, Somerset, Dorset (at a push), Gloucester, Hereford, Monmouth, English/Welsh borders etc....Anyone experienced the venues advertised in SHOOTING.SH ? Would very much appreciate your help as word of mouth is 100 x better than any advert.

Tks Guys

Rockin

From my own experiences there are some great fellas in and around Dorset and would be well worth the travelling..

Ian F and little Jo are closest to you..

Sako 85 - Nick Berridge-Sharp - Lwcdart - are all great to stalk with

Im sure you can see from recent posts and the recent fallow cull with lee that you will have a good time

Im off to Scotland shortly for the SD stalking so dont be put off by the travelling

Hope your lucky

Terry

shooting. sh

Well done mate all the best on getting started, all i can say about shooting . sh is a pal of mine had a breif flirtation with them,paid his money turned up to stalk in wales at a location he was assured held plenty of muntjac an the odd roe,on arriving at dawn he spoke to a local chap to make certain he was going on to the correct land ,when he mentioned he had come to stalk deer the chap who by all acounts was a shooting man laughed his socks off an said he had been walking in those woods for years an had not seen a deer EVER,as u can imagine my mate was rather crestfallen after just parting with 750quid,he decided to have a look round having driven a long way,he saw no deer or tracks ect and as he sat down to see if anything would show itself 2 chaps walked past him talking loudly and training a gundog,so he left and next day asked for a refund witch he got. and ive heard other horror stories much the same from various places, wouldent touch em with a bargepole mate. HORNET

Hi Rockingod,
    I had a similar experience with shooting.sh*te as Hornet's mate had, though didn't get a refund - I wasted a year trying out the syndicate grounds to give it a chance, pity I had little or no chance of a deer.
    And there was worse than that happened - I couldn't even bring myself to speak to the organiser at the end of the year.
    AVOID!

Happy hunting wherever you find it, nice offer from Malc below by the way, his ground is excellent.

ATB
    Geoshot

Sounds like you will be rockin' and rollin' in no time at all. Happy days! I asked the same question about shooting.sh just a short while ago so you may like to look through the posts that were made in response to that.

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...pic.php?t=6339

Isn't there any way you could get into those sika hybrids over your way? They must be gettng quite numerous if what I hear about the landowners is true. You could always head up to the Gogs and get into the goats!

Hwyl!

Rockin,

You are welcome for a free go with me down in West Sussex in the winter on Fallow and Roe. Or later in the winter for a do on another lease I have for Sika in Dorset.

Send me a PM and I will give you my mobile number.

Sikamalc

Sikamalc

Hi Sikamalc

u have a pm

Re: shooting. sh

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet
    Well done mate all the best on getting started, all i can say about shooting . sh is a pal of mine had a breif flirtation with them,paid his money turned up to stalk in wales at a location he was assured held plenty of muntjac an the odd roe,on arriving at dawn he spoke to a local chap to make certain he was going on to the correct land ,when he mentioned he had come to stalk deer the chap who by all acounts was a shooting man laughed his socks off an said he had been walking in those woods for years an had not seen a deer EVER,as u can imagine my mate was rather crestfallen after just parting with 750quid,he decided to have a look round having driven a long way,he saw no deer or tracks ect and as he sat down to see if anything would show itself 2 chaps walked past him talking loudly and training a gundog,so he left and next day asked for a refund witch he got. and ive heard other horror stories much the same from various places, wouldent touch em with a bargepole mate. HORNET
    Would that be the piece of land at Glyndyfdwy, near Llangollen in North Wales?

When I saw that on their website I almost sent off my money as I only live 30 minutes away. Then common sense kicked in and I started to think how can there be a shootable population of muntjac and the odd roe when they are almost nowhere else in the immediate vicinity, at least not in numbers.

The guy that runs this site runs a fishing site which is very dodgy, I'm not saying that this is true of all his shooting/stalking or fishing but for some of his quite expensive fishing he was buying 15 day tickets from a local club where he was (and I stress was) a member and putting unwitting syndicate members on the water.

My suspicions were aroused when he claimed to have 3 miles of a short river that I can see from my window and I knew that there wasn't any 3 mile stretch that wasn't controlled by clubs. I emailed him a number of times and finally managed to drag out of him that he didn't actually lease the water and it wasn't exclusive to his syndicate members.

He also included a loch in Scotland where he claimed to have exclusive rights but I found that a local pub sold day tickets for 5.

I know for a fact that on one of their leases in Powys you can ring the keeper and get on for 75 per day.

mountain goats

"always head up to the Gogs and get into the goats!

don't do it. 7 years is too long for a goat, even a pretty one.

Re: mountain goats

Quote Originally Posted by ruki
    "always head up to the Gogs and get into the goats!

don't do it. 7 years is too long for a goat, even a pretty one.
    They've decided to give those on the Orme contraceptive rather than upset the locals by shooting them.