Thread: Phosphate Finish Repair

Phosphate Finish Repair

Some more advise if anyone knows?

On a phosphate barrel (Tikka T3 Tactical) I have an area that has become shiny where the rear bush from a T8 moderator must have been just touching the barrel so when screwed on and off its polished a ring about 15mm wide.

Is there any way to remove this without going back to the metal, wire wool maybe?

Failing the above where could I get it re-coated back to the factory look, otherwise it may have to go in for a paint job to Riflecraft or someone like that.

Cheers Nigel

You'd have to re parkerise the whole barrel but you'd be better off trying to have it matched in. I've done dozens of Parker finishes over the years using magnese phosphate, works well. I also have a recipe that looks the same as phosphate when it's done!

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    You'd have to re parkerise the whole barrel but you'd be better off trying to have it matched in. I've done dozens of Parker finishes over the years using magnese phosphate, works well. I also have a recipe that looks the same as phosphate when it's done!
    Would you be happy to share this recipe ? If not, how much to do a barrelled action ?
    Pete

send it to jager and get it coated Job done or oversize the bush and tape it?

Quote Originally Posted by The tramp View Post
    Would you be happy to share this recipe ? If not, how much to do a barrelled action ?
    Pete
    A few years ago I'd of happily shared my tricks in the box but seeing as every man and his dog is offering coating I tend to keep it on the QT!

I charge around 85 for barrel, action and bottom metal...and yes all my work goes though all the chapter and verse of so called experts!