Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Neck or full length

  1. #1

    Neck or full length

    See if your reloading do use find it better using a neck or a full length sizer.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart 91 View Post
    See if your reloading do use find it better using a neck or a full length sizer.
    I do what shoots best. My varmint rifles get neck sized but my 6.5x55 shoots better when FL resized every loading. My 308 doesn't care either way. There is no harm in intelligent FL resizing.~Muir

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I do what shoots best. My varmint rifles get neck sized but my 6.5x55 shoots better when FL resized every loading. My 308 doesn't care either way. There is no harm in intelligent FL resizing.~Muir
    i personally FL re-size ive tried neck sizing and the rifles i have loaded for all group better with FL so thats the way i go !

    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

    please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

  4. #4
    Thanks for the help guys i will just try them both and see which one i get the best grouping with.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    I'm am using a .222 lapua case.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    i personally FL re-size ive tried neck sizing and the rifles i have loaded for all group better with FL so thats the way i go !
    My .223 and .222 shoot tiny groups neck sized and I use the Lee Collet dis so it makes reloading fast and easy. My larger calibers usually get FL resized.

    I was shooting with a friend Sunday evening after our range clean-up session and he was telling me he loads all his 308 with exactly the same FL resized load (a duplicate of Federal's Gold Match) so that he can use any ammo he produces in any of his 308's. He was shooting bug-hole groups so he can't be too far wrong. I guess he does the same for .223 though I don't know his load.~Muir

  8. #8
    i neck my .243.308 but full my .223 AR15

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    i neck my .243.308 but full my .223 AR15
    That makes sense. My AR10 is small base, FL resized or it won't function reliably; same with my BAR 30-06.~Muir

  10. #10
    YUP STONNER HAS IS SORTED FOR SS109 YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN BOSS STICKS LIKE CRAP TO A KITBAG DO'NT LIKE HOME LOADS UNLESS ITS FULL

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted Redding S Type Full length die
    By Mr Lewis in forum Reloading
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-07-2012, 15:27
  2. full lenght case or just neck
    By stalkinginengland in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 19-01-2011, 16:21
  3. .243 Full length or neck sizing dies, ? which one
    By Cyres in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 26-03-2010, 10:33
  4. neck vs full lenght resizing die
    By Nick Fahey in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 19:29
  5. Full or neck?
    By paintandpins in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 16-11-2009, 10:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •