Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: is this scope any good

is this scope any good

Nikko Stirling 1-4x24 diamond illuminated
    As new no marks on the 30 mm tube use once on my rifle and then sold the rifle
    rrp 199.00

Boxed with covers and paperwork

135.00 posted

hi guys would this scope be any good on my 308 for my trip to croatia. i know it wont be the best but what are they like .

Out of interest what rifle are you intending to mount it on Toad, and does the rifle have open sights?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

it will be mounted on a sako forester using optilock mounts and rings.no open sights . whats your opinion please.

Nikko stirling are good scopes for an air rifle or .22 rimfire not sure about using one on a 308 though, if it says in the instruction you can use it on a centerfire then it should be ok but for a trip away i probably wouldn't risk it

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    If there was any doubt about cheap scope working on a 308,

there was a clip last night of a syrian bloke with a ak47 with what looked like very very cheap scope on it and he was sniping with it.

i have used a 4/12x50 platinum on my 243 and my 308 with no issues, mind you its not been beat up or rapid fire like last nights clip, and its on my 17 hmr now and still works a treat.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

used a 25 year old nikko stirling 4x40 on my .223 for a bit, I know it's not much recoil but the scope did just fine..now thanks to Tamus's old Swaro I can now proudly stalk with a decent scope on it

Yes well did he hit anything with it Bob !

They are good scopes i've used them over the years on smaller calibers never had any problems just never seen one used on a centerfire before but if they are sold for this purpose then you should be fine happy hunting hope you get some Boar Toad

cheers lads . i am waiting for a vortex sparc to arrive from the states but i fancy having a plan B . i like the fact it has 1" tube . any thoughts on what else might be better . i would prefer 1" tube but 30mm if i had to illuminated low mag for boar not silly money. any input would be very gratefull.

My personal opinion is that you are spending a lot of money on a boar trip so make sure you take good reliable kit.
    I have had Nikko Stirling scopes in the past on various rifles and not too long ago replaced one on my .22 rifle which had served me well for quite a few years but I wouldn't be too keen on a modern Nikko Stirling scope as they don't seem to be as robust as the older ones. Like I said that's only a personal opinion.
    Incidentally I think it's rather nice to have open sights on a driven game rifle if only as a back up.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by toad View Post
    cheers lads . i am waiting for a vortex sparc to arrive from the states but i fancy having a plan B . i like the fact it has 1" tube . any thoughts on what else might be better . i would prefer 1" tube but 30mm if i had to illuminated low mag for boar not silly money. any input would be very gratefull.
    I have one of these on my Pig rig http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEUPOLD-VX-R...item20cf80e95c The price has gone up since i bought mine 2 years ago back then i paid 283 for one.

Bob