Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Muck boots??

Muck boots??

MUCK BOOTS YEH OR NAH SHOULD HAVE REALLY ASKED FIRST BEFORE BUYING THEM BUT IVE BEEN TOLD THEY ARE NO GOOD THAT I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT HUNTERS?? I HAVENT WORN THEM AS YET BUT THEY COST ME 120 (FULL CAMO TORRAY BRAND)
    YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE.

I have a pair of neoprene hunters and the muck boots....

persoanlly the hunters I use everyday dog walking rough shooting or driven shooting. The muck boots I just use for mucking out the girlfriends horses!!!!

Muck Boots are fine for general wear and low ground shooting etc. ( I'm on my second pair ) - but they are no use on 'the hill' for stalking as they do not give the required support about the ankle etc. To make them last longer / keep them clean(ish) - I always give them a hose down after wearing them. They are good in the winter as they are warm, but they don't like barb wired fences !

Hope this helps.

Send them back and get some Le chameau verznord had mine for about 7-8 years and still going strong worn all throughout the year for beating picking up etc, the muck boots I had, had the most deadly tread pattern on wet grass snow and ice and contributed to a few sprained and twisted ankles in the 12 months I had them no such issues with the Le chameau's.....

What would a pair off Le chameau cost

There no good for wearing on a clearfell they are easy to puncture . The tread does not last long see the above posts
    If its hit its history / If its missed its a mystery

A gun is always loaded .A mule always kicks

Mine are as slippery as hell on wet rock, tarmac and concrete.

They are fine for the job they were designed for, mucking out. I use them on the shoot, and the lowland stalk and they are fine. Decent leather boots for long distance or hill work cannot be beaten

Had hunters & had muck boots both lasted about 6 months of daily wear, now got a pair of le chameau's 18 months old & no signs of them giving up on me. Well worth the extra coin IMHO.

They dont last 5 minutes when walking through brambles.
    Atb John