Muck boots??

BIGRED

MUCK BOOTS YEH OR NAH SHOULD HAVE REALLY ASKED FIRST BEFORE BUYING THEM :doh: BUT IVE BEEN TOLD THEY ARE NO GOOD THAT I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT HUNTERS?? I HAVENT WORN THEM AS YET BUT THEY COST ME £120 (FULL CAMO TORRAY BRAND)
YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE.

I have a pair of neoprene hunters and the muck boots....

persoanlly the hunters I use everyday dog walking rough shooting or driven shooting. The muck boots I just use for mucking out the girlfriends horses!!!!

Muck Boots are fine for general wear and low ground shooting etc. ( I'm on my second pair ) - but they are no use on 'the hill' for stalking as they do not give the required support about the ankle etc. To make them last longer / keep them clean(ish) - I always give them a hose down after wearing them. They are good in the winter as they are warm, but they don't like barb wired fences !

Hope this helps.

Send them back and get some Le chameau verznord had mine for about 7-8 years and still going strong worn all throughout the year for beating picking up etc, the muck boots I had, had the most deadly tread pattern on wet grass snow and ice and contributed to a few sprained and twisted ankles in the 12 months I had them no such issues with the Le chameau's.....

There no good for wearing on a clearfell they are easy to puncture . The tread does not last long see the above posts

They are fine for the job they were designed for, mucking out. I use them on the shoot, and the lowland stalk and they are fine. Decent leather boots for long distance or hill work cannot be beaten

Had hunters & had muck boots both lasted about 6 months of daily wear, now got a pair of le chameau's 18 months old & no signs of them giving up on me. Well worth the extra coin IMHO.

What would a pair off Le chameau cost

I would think you should be able to pick them up for around £130 ish , on our shoot the guns, beaters, picker up all wear them probably 20+ people can't be wrong and every other shoot I've picked up on and been beating on all wear them buy cheap buy twice, I always used to buy the cheaper gear but now a convert to the slightly better products but never been disappointed since unlike the economy route.....

I have both Muck boot Tay Sport and Aigle Parcours neoprene. The Aigle is far more comfortable, nice supple around the ankle, feels like a running shoe. I now use the Muck boots to clean the kennels and indeed slippery as hell. Muck boots are very warm, but there it stops.

You could also consider the Grubs Stalker which is similar to a Muck boot (same manufacturer) but with a vibram sole, which should be more suitable.

I use Hunter Balmoral neoprene, mostly for dog walking but they have also been very good for woodland stalking. Quiet, and just flexible enough to feel e.g. twigs underfoot before you snap them. Good grip too. They are still in good condition after 2 years of almost daily use.

I have heard that some of the other Hunter models are not as good as they used to be since they closed the Scottish factory, but I'm very pleased with mine, and would buy them again when they do wear out.

Two pairs here, short nearly smooth sole are 4 years old and still going strong.
Also have the camo ones with the Vibram sole, 4 years old and still fine if a little scruffy, but no tears and no leaks.

Neil. :)

I find my grub boots hard to take off so always carry a boot jack in the car (Yes they are the right size). Something to do with the cut of the boot, never had this with any other boot. They are comfortable and warm to wear but I noticed the other day that the tread has worn down at a much quicker rate than my Aigle boots. I don't think it will be too long before I will have to replace them and I will probably have a look at getting another pair of Aigles as I have found these to be very good over a number of years. They must be I'm on my third pair, I seem to always return to that company.

Im on my third pair, love them comfy as hell and warm. ok wouldnt wear them on the rough ground but they where not designed for that. A great every day welly....

Muck Boots for the past (4 yrs) woodland stalking etc cozy toes , but would'nt be without my Meindl's
when it comes to the Hill as I find they give a lot more support.

Back