View Poll Results: First Aid Awareness Importance

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Rural First Aid awareness is a good idea

63 94.03%
  • No, there's not much of a requirement

4 5.97%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First Aid Training...Opinions please?

Lightbulb First Aid Training...Opinions please?

Out of interest...

Do people think that first aid awareness training for the rural environment, stalking and country sports etc would be a good thing.

Also would you, and maybe your staff, want to attend for a further awareness..?

Cheers

PS... Poll at the top, saves the typing strain on the trigger finger
    Last edited by AviatingJoe; 12-03-2013 at 19:20. Reason: PS...

What is a First Aid Awarness course ????? is it to make you aware of first aid training in the area ??

Personnally i think First aid should be taught to all at school level at all ages built up over the 10yrs at school you would be turning out quite highly trained first aiders in their 10000's every year @16 well above 1st aid at work level etc

ATB

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by FGYT View Post
    What is a First Aid Awarness course ????? is it to make you aware of first aid training in the area ??
    Does exactly what it says on the tin.

Makes the layman more aware of the vital basic skills to save a life...

An awareness course would remove the need for high costs and qualification expiry dates etc

Quote Originally Posted by FGYT View Post
    Personnally i think First aid should be taught to all at school level at all ages built up over the 10yrs at school you would be turning out quite highly trained first aiders in their 10000's every year @16 well above 1st aid at work level etc
    Here here, some of our "customers" would have had a better chance if someone had been able to administer immediate first aid

Quote Originally Posted by AviatingJoe View Post
    Does exactly what it says on the tin.

Makes the layman more aware of the vital basic skills to save a life...

An awareness course would remove the need for high costs and qualification expiry dates etc

A great many stalkers will already have done a first aid course, and I would think almost all the pros will have done one, done several the first one about thirty years ago, at the present time its First-Aid- First which I have had since 2006 original course was over four days it lasts three years and you can renew with a one day refresher course provided you do it before your certificate expires.

Its a no brainer to me , and I have done first aid courses purely for my own peace of mind , imagine if someone you loved died for lack of basic first aid ?

I do think it is important, and second the comments that is should be taught to all in schools.

It amazes me how many people stand around when bad things happen unaware and ill equipped with what to do.

We had a chap on here not that long ago cut himself badly with a knife. A decent dressing and there would have been no problem, and no worry.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    A great many stalkers will already have done a first aid course, and I would think almost all the pros will have done one, done several the first one about thirty years ago, at the present time its First-Aid- First which I have had since 2006 original course was over four days it lasts three years and you can renew with a one day refresher course provided you do it before your certificate expires.
    Thanks, just dipping my toe in the water at the minute.

Was that rural specific, away from easy rescue, difficult ground to extract over, bad weather, gun shot wounds, major lacerations / incisions, difficulty breathing in the middle of nowhere, heart attack without the option of fast ambulance access etc etc?

Would certainly be interested. For my own peace of mind and just to have some knowledge I did a course which included the +F parts for chainsaw use etc. However this course still relied on the fact that someone (professional) would arrive at some point. I would like to further my training with the emphasis on helping someone in a rural/remote place.
    Not bothered about a certificate as I have enough to cover the requirements at work. I'll watch with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    Would certainly be interested. For my own peace of mind and just to have some knowledge I did a course which included the +F parts for chainsaw use etc. However this course still relied on the fact that someone (professional) would arrive at some point. I would like to further my training with the emphasis on helping someone in a rural/remote place.
    Not bothered about a certificate as I have enough to cover the requirements at work. I'll watch with interest.
    Thanks for that, that is exactly where I want to pitch the course... its an awareness to further peoples knowledge and save life