Legal Cartridges

6pt-sika

Okay unless I've misread the 260 REM , 6.5x55 , 7x57 and 7mm-08 are legal for hunting in the UK , Ireland and France .
Are the mentioned cartridges legal in Czech Republic , Spain , Germany and Italy ?

I was under the impression that recently the French resended that as far as the 6.5x55 and 7x57 are concerned ?

I was under the impression that recently the French resended that as far as the 6.5x55 and 7x57 are concerned ?

There is talk of it, but it could take years - they are French after all.

There are a myriad of regs across Europe, and various levels of enforcement. If you want to travel and hunt across Europe, and plan to include France, I would bring a 7x64 and/or a 9.3x62. For the UK and Ireland, anything common between 243 and 30/06. If you are not going to France, a 30/06 will do the lot.

Hmmmm makes me think a 260 REM or 7mm-08 for the wife and a 6.5-06 , 280 REM , 264 WIN MAG or 7mm REM MAG for myself !

I kinda wanted a Stutzen as you guys call them , but none of the four I mentioned for myself would take kindly to a 20" pipe !

I would bring a 7x64 and/or a 9.3x62.

Got the 7x64 covered with the 280 REM already .

The 9.3x62 has intriuged me for a number of years . And just so happens CZ makes the 550FS in that chambering . I had a 35 Whelen a couple times and while it was okay it never grew on me so to speak .This .366 caliber round has intrested me for a number of years .

Oooh, deliver the proof (6.5x55) and the beers are on me!

Oh yeah Ian I forgot to mention !

You guys were correct about the beer costs in Dubai !

When I arrived there on the way over I went in a bar called "Jack Daniels" and thought I'd have a Dos Equis XX regular beer you could get her in the states nothing exotic . Cost with a small tip was $10 !!!!!!!

Needless to say I had one , but I gotta admit after the 13 hour flight to arrive there , that one went down nicely even if it was 7 or 8 AM their time LOL's !

Incidently I thought they would have Bass and or Guiness , NOT !

Oh yeah Ian I forgot to mention !

You guys were correct about the beer costs in Dubai !

When I arrived there on the way over I went in a bar called "Jack Daniels" and thought I'd have a Dos Equis XX regular beer you could get her in the states nothing exotic . Cost with a small tip was $10 !!!!!!!

Needless to say I had one , but I gotta admit after the 13 hour flight to arrive there , that one went down nicely even if it was 7 or 8 AM their time LOL's !

Incidently I thought they would have Bass and or Guiness , NOT !

It's a little bubble of insanity isn't it! I'm due back next month, along with Saudi, which will stretch my patience as dealing with Arabs is considerably easier when you know there's a beer in the mini bar, and I'll not be able to have one until on the return BA flight!!!!!

Did you get t-shirts in Duty Free?

Cheers
i.

Hmmmm makes me think a 260 REM or 7mm-08 for the wife and a 6.5-06 , 280 REM , 264 WIN MAG or 7mm REM MAG for myself !

I kinda wanted a Stutzen as you guys call them , but none of the four I mentioned for myself would take kindly to a 20" pipe !

My .260 rem has a 20" pipe and shoots fine.

Ahhh well this has a 20" barrel:-

StutzenRHS.jpg

It's in 270 Winchester.

never could understand why BSA chambered them with the short barrel in 270 but there you go they did and it shoots well.

Ahhh well this has a 20" barrel:-

It's in 270 Winchester.

never could understand why BSA chambered them with the short barrel in 270 but there you go they did and it shoots well.

Doesn't it have a bit of a fireball coming out of the end of the barrel? I chose 7mm-08 for my stutzen precisely for that reason, although CZ offered their stutzen in .270 (my second choice) much cheaper than what I paid for mine...

Doesn't it have a bit of a fireball coming out of the end of the barrel? I chose 7mm-08 for my stutzen precisely for that reason, although CZ offered their stutzen in .270 (my second choice) much cheaper than what I paid for mine...

Yes it does especially stuff like the RWS 130 Grn T-Mantle Ammunition. Hence I developed hand loads that use a faster powder than one would normally use in the 270. One such load used the Nosler Ballistic tip 130 grn over H-380. Whilst it loses a bit of velocity over a 24" barrel the precision even at 600 yards was good. Back in those days we used to shoot 600 yards several times a year on Century and places like Stony Castle of the Ash complex. In one club some members took umbrage at it's winning the comp so they on the third year changed the rules to it was no longer eligible :rofl:.

I found this in my local gun shop new-shop soiled as it had been ordered by someone whom then changed their mind and purchased a Heym, Steyr or some Germanic make at far more money. At the time the 270 was falling out of favour here in the UK so it sat on the rack for several years............................................. until I came along and mentioned I fancied a full stocked rifle.

I could force myself to live with a nice old 20" Mannlicher Schoenauer 61MC or MCA in a 270 or 30-06 NO PROBLEM !

Back