Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FAC application and spent traffic tickets

FAC application and spent traffic tickets

Hi Jsut looking at he ness for filling out a FAC application form

it says list All Offences convictions including Spent traffic ones

well i have a few speeding ones i n the dim distant past but have no idea what the dates where etc as they have long been removed from my licence as allowed

Do i just put down yes i had some but spent and no idea of dates and let them work out as they probably have the computer system to access the data

???

ATB

Duncan

that is what I have done
    lister

Absolutely, far better to tell them about them and let them come to the decision that they are of no consequence than to lie, and for them to then discover them, which they almost certainly will, and then have reason to doubt you in the future, speeding tickets are no reason to be refused, so just be open.

No such thing as a spent conviction, speeding ticket. Tell them everything. It's what I did, now when it's a renewal or variation I just put none since last varation etc etc. cover all the bases and no one can pick you up on it at a later time

regards
    david

Quote Originally Posted by redlab View Post
    No such thing as a spent conviction, speeding ticket. Tell them everything. It's what I did, now when it's a renewal or variation I just put none since last varation etc etc. cover all the bases and no one can pick you up on it at a later time

regards
    david
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by redlab View Post

regards
    david
    +2 this is what I done

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    +1
    Just try to give approx dates, it shows you are trying, or, put a data protection act 'information request' into the dvla and you have the spot on dates etc
    Regards
    Pete

As above tell them even if you don't know the dates, looks extremely bad if you don't when they find out!!!!

They most likely would take it as you had lied

No question of not saying but I have aboslutly no idea on dates or infact how many ther was one 7 day ban again happy to put that down just no idea when in th 90's it was since DVLC have removed that info from my licence and so have no acces to it etc .

Dont worry about the dates Duncan, just put what you know down and say dates unknown. They are not looking for the specific offences it is more a case of if you dont put them down they would be viewed as dishonest and if you hide that what else would you be hiding.

Cheers

Pete