Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classifieds Tidy-UP!

Classifieds Tidy-UP!

What is so difficult about:

a. Flagging an item as SOLD once deal completed?
    b. Removing item/thread when deal completed?

K

Couldn't agree more and even removing or letting fall off the page when an item has been flogged to death instead of bumping up over an over again. Adding more info or splitting items etc just turns it into a bazaar .
    Better to have failed again than to have lifted someones leg

We are looking into this, and I have spoken with Alex. However Alex does have a full time job, and I am self employed, therefore we do not sit all day on the site, although sometimes it feels like it!!!
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    We are looking into this, and I have spoken with Alex. However Alex does have a full time job, and I am self employed, therefore we do not sit all day on the site, although sometimes it feels like it!!!
    My comments weren't aimed at the admin staff to act upon rather the posters either genuine or just car booters doing it from the comfort of there own armchairs

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    My comments weren't aimed at the admin staff to act upon rather the posters.
    +1

Thanks for the nod, I had forgotten my own one. Now marked as sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    b. Removing item/thread when deal completed?K
    Please don't do this bit, its essential to keep a record of the deals so others can see who is trading what, what the going rate is, and to give the opportunity for purchasers to leave feedback when a good deal has been concluded.

It also ensures that those disruptive types who get their sick enjoyment from posting disruptive comments on sales threads simply to stir, have their meddling behaviour permanently exposed for all to see in future. Unless of course the thread has got so out-of-hand that is better removed by a moderator.

I'd also prefer it if the original post and asking price was locked, so the thread can't be deleted or otherwise edited by the originator.

This is the method used on some other forums, and it really helps those purchasers who may be nervous about dealing at a distance with an unknown person.

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    What is so difficult about:

a. Flagging an item as SOLD once deal completed?
    Nothing. The facility is there to use.

b. Removing item/thread when deal completed?

K
    Once it's marked as sold/closed it will sink down in the list and out of view. We don't usually remove old adverts because they are handy for checking out the selling history of an advertiser and helping buyer confidence.

They are also useful in terms of generating traffic/interest in the site because old adverts show up in Google searches.

I'd also prefer it if the original post and asking price was locked, so the thread can't be deleted or otherwise edited by the originator.

I can't work out how this would benefit anyone ?.