Do many people get 100% on their DSC1 test?

stratts

I know it doesn't matter as long as you pass, but I was wondering how many people have passed getting 100% in every aspect of the test?

I'm a perfectionist and I'll be jarred if I don't get close!!

Last edited:
Its probably in the region of 5-10% who will score 100% on all questions and complete the range assessments first time. I got one wrong when I did mine

Peter

I did mine in 1999, not sure when it first started but the slide show for identification of the deer was not the best, and although from memory we all passed not one had a 100% success rate.
Cheers
Richard

I did mine in 2001 passed ID ect 100% and 49 out of 50 on the questions,didnt bother with the course just turned up for the test which cost £105 then inc registration

I did mine and got 100% in deer identification but dropped two questions ,them being do you wait for a deer to move off the field were silage has been spread before shooting not shoot it or shoot it on the field i put wait for it to move off and shoot and it was not shoot it. the second one was the deer season for red stags in uk and i misread the question i didnt re check my answers as i didnt want to put doubt in my mind and i never forgot the ones i got wrong so i learnt , atb wayne

Just passed mine today

1 question wrong on the written assessment, 2 wrong on the large game competency, 1 photo mis-ID'd, passed the shooting on first attempt, no issues on safety questions and simulated stalk.

Although i'm like a dog wi' two tails tonight i'm reminding myself that it's really only a minor victory in the broader scheme of things.

The learning doesn't stop here - it's really only just getting started....

Me and big John got 100%. Our pal scraped through. We all passed and nobody will every know. The certificate is the certificate. I suggest it's a personal pride thing. Stick in. Study hard.

I got 96% on the written exams, only loosing points on questions relating to Sika deer - I still have never seen a Sika (bit thin on the ground here in Cornwall/Devon..) so not too worried about that. Had 100% on all the other elements:D

I dropped one mark on deer ID. Got all the questions right.

Likewise (but it was a very stupid mis-identification by me, I still can't believe I got it wrong).

I regret to say I mostly crammed for it, i.e. took three days off just before to intensively study the manual. I doubt I would do nearly as well if I re-sat it today. Thats why I am suspicious of the online or DVD courses which encourage rote learning.

I was very surprised how many struggled with the shooting test, which I thought was dead easy. Some were still at it late into the afternoon, some running out of ammo (obviously hadn't read the instructions, or were cocky).

Being a tad older than perhaps the average new stalker I boned up for a couple of months on the interactive discs until I, and the wife lol, had it word perfect and to my surprise I got 100% on the day the only thing I was literally shaky on was the range, I was so nervous shooting in company. I passed but it was not my best shooting.

If anyone is unsure of any answers I have the manual marked up and checked by the instructor as correct answers, I wont help anyone cheat but perhaps reassure you that you are on the right track. PMS only on that one.

The walk round safety element I found was 95% common sense that we all do anyway so nothing there to worry about.

Cheers WB

I got 49/50 on the questions, 100% on the ID and passed the shooting first time. Very much doubt I'd get that score on the questions now though!

How do you find out your actual score results? I just got a blue pass certificate???

Our course was marked on the day, the tutor told anyone who wanted to know what they had got wrong, and explained the right answer.

Those who had failed a paper were given the opportunity to resit with a new paper the following day (whilst the shooting and safety test were also conducted). Surprisingly some who had failed, marginally, didn't take this opportunity.

Of course the final mark was subject to confirmation by the independent verifier before the certificate would be awarded.

Back