First Aid training in Devon June 1st

devon deer stalker

A qualified first aid instructor will deliver the 1 day course and aim it towards the deer stalker, cost will be £75 per person but i need a minimum of 7 candidates to make it viable for the instructor.
Please pm me if you wish to attend, if i don't get sufficent interest by mid April i will cancel the course.
Location will be in my village of Cheriton Bishop.

DESCRIPTION

Where an organisation’s risk assessment of First Aid needs identifies that there is a requirement for Emergency First Aid at Work practitioners, then this Award for Emergency First Aid at Work satisfies the requirements of the regulatory body for First Aid - the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and HSENI (Northern Ireland).

All learners will have the skills and knowledge to provide the organisation with Emergency First Aider’s that can provide treatment to their casualties in a prompt, safe and effective manner.

DURATION

A minimum of six contact hours in the classroom, consisting of practical and theoretical

activities, plus some pre-course activity could be required.

SYLLABUS

A range of subjects is covered including:

• What is Emergency First Aid? • Legislation • Responsibilities

• Action in an emergency • Primary survey • Secondary assessment

• The respiratory system • Resuscitation • Disorders of respiration

• Adult basic life support • Foreign objects • Disorders of the circulation

• Minor burns and scalds • Epilepsy • Wounds and bleeding

CERTIFICATION

Assessment is ongoing by the instructor, along with a multiple choice question paper, and a three year qualification will be issued to those who satisfy the criteria. In addition, the HSE and HSENI strongly recommend that all students undergo an annual refresher programme of three hours.

Cheers

Richard

Back