Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Level 1 Manual

Wanted: Level 1 Manual

I'm after an up to date Level One Manual, as I'm booked in to do the course with the BDS in September at Ilkley.

I could do with saving a few pennies on the cost of a new manual, so if anyone out there has done the course and wants to recoup some of the cost, then drop me a PM.

Cheers,

Novice

manual

novice

you should get a manual included in the cost of the level 1 course

regards pete

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar

Re: manual

Quote Originally Posted by robbo'srifle
    novice

you should get a manual included in the cost of the level 1 course

regards pete
    Unless you said you didn't want one.......

I wouldn't get rid of mine unless they updated the info again,

ie. The changes in law regarding minimum caliber for certain species and the change of seasons for Doe/Hind deer.

You'd be better off getting intouch with the course centre and asking for the book, you might find you'll get it anyway, as sometimes these will not be sent out for about 2 weeks prior to the course start date.

Good Luck

TJ

I'm doing assessment only, so the manual is another 30.

I've a lend of a manual by David Stretton, but it's dated May 2006, so some sections will be a little out of date.

Novice

Hillbilly
    Clearly as you are only doing the assessment you must obviously know everything in the manual, save the money for doing DSC2 next week.

I'm afraid that HillBilly is spot on with his tounge in check reply. I think that you had better get a new, up to date manual ordered asap and start swotting. Going in as asessment only you will be expected to know your stuff and I doubt if you will be cut any slack. If you are joining in at the end of a four day DSC1 Course make sure that you allow plenty of time and get there early. The Instructors will most likely give priority to the candidates from the course and would be very unlikely to wait for you if you are late etc. Do you mind me asking what it cost to book with the BDS for asessment only? JC

I'd hope no-one would be shown any slack and that we will all be properly assessed.

I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't think I was capable of passing and don't see how 2 days in a classroom would make a difference if I hadn't put the work in beforehand.

It cost 155 assessment only and I'm finding that a bit of a stretch. I certainly couldn't justify the cost of the full course.

Novice

Fair play to you Novice, you sound confident so best wishes with it. Let us know honestly how you get on as I would think that there are plenty of people out there considering their options. JC

A friend of mine here in NI did the DSC1 a few months ago. I went along on the final day so he could do the shooting test with my rifle which he is familiar with.

Three guys were failed on the written / multiple choice test. I had never heard of anyone failing the DSC1 before.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    A bloke failed the Meat Handling section on mine.