Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rednoseday

Rednoseday

Anybody else made a call and donated?

Its all too easy to get angry as i do myself about our own elderly that cant afford to heat their own homes, etc etc etc

But having been all over Kenya, Africa and watching with my kids they really enjoyed the experience of donating our little bit with the fone on loud speaker..

Will it make a diference? Who knows but the kids are happy
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

I do something every month for various charities, mostly local, but have just donated the ranges weekly takings to this years effort, mostly because Dame Edna makes me laugh!

Dig deep chaps, 5 makes a big difference to those less fortunate.

HME
    Come and visit us for a Blaser or Mauser fitting, get the right rifle for your needs.

Have never even watched anything to do with this. Charity begins at home.

When I worked for the Welsh Water Board, a percentage of your gross was sent to water aid, I also now do a little bit here & there when able, just without all the Hooh- Hah on the telly, I think that we should stop sending any aid monies to places like India, who have a live space program , amongst other things,.... seems we are trying to buy future markets, by giving money!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Have never even watched anything to do with this. Charity begins at home.
    +1 taxed to death here and see people struggling to heat their homes, clothe themselves or put food on the table regularly yes the government keeps giving away large sums of cash to other countries, maybe we should send them all a 1 way plane ticket to the UK so they can all claim benefits & housing - sorry it just pi***s me off

I'd sooner be on fire than send any of my money there , every year millions are sent and it makes no difference, don't get me wrong I donate regularly to charity but firmly believe it starts at home

Heartless, cruel and inhuman - sending money to third world countries is just a catch22; the more people that are kept alive to subsist, the more aid they will need, every year.
    It is a cruel irony, that if we keep the people alive today, by stopping them from getting malaria etc. we are probably condemning them to death by starvation in a few years.
    As we all know, any piece of land can only support so many animals and/or people.
    Yep, by all means, send mkney if you wish, it will help to save people suffering from malaria, in a few years you will be also sending money for food to save the starving kids.
    Some of you will probably flame me for this post, but it won't make it any less true.

Quote Originally Posted by teabag_46 View Post
    Heartless, cruel and inhuman - sending money to third world countries is just a catch22; the more people that are kept alive to subsist, the more aid they will need, every year.
    It is a cruel irony, that if we keep the people alive today, by stopping them from getting malaria etc. we are probably condemning them to death by starvation in a few years.
    As we all know, any piece of land can only support so many animals and/or people.
    Yep, by all means, send mkney if you wish, it will help to save people suffering from malaria, in a few years you will be also sending money for food to save the starving kids.
    Some of you will probably flame me for this post, but it won't make it any less true.
    Agreed. Sadly, the only way forward is to educate them that they need to keep it trousered.

I blame the early missionaries they should never have converted em from cannibalism .
    Better to have failed again than to have lifted someones leg

Give a man a fish and he has fish for a day, teach a man to use a net he has fish for a month, teach a man to make a net he has fish, he teaches his neighbours they all breed and before long the lake is empty and rather than one hungry man you are supporting a whole village. Let the land support that which it can support. While we have homeless/care in the community/ paid care homes/ injured service men and women not one penny of my charitable giving will go abroad.
    It would not be so bad if it were not an accepted fact that 3rd world dictators are creaming off the majority of aid goods for personal gain while their subjects die in their thousands.