Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Camo clothing

Camo clothing

I have recently been looking at various camo gear and the old cell started thinking. Why don't we wear clothing with similar colouration to deer?
    Greyish/brown in winter and more reddish in summer/autumn (roe speaking that is)
    It amazes me how difficult animals are to see with this colouration (thinking charlie here too)

Any thoughts?
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

I think deer coloured but without the big white arse for thats usually the bit you do see!!
    Flogging will continue until morale improves

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    I have recently been looking at various camo gear and the old cell started thinking. Why don't we wear clothing with similar colouration to deer?
    Greyish/brown in winter and more reddish in summer/autumn (roe speaking that is)
    It amazes me how difficult animals are to see with this colouration (thinking charlie here too)

Any thoughts?
    ​Yes, get to bed.

Up all night matey...I was expecting a picture of you in your santa suit summer stalking for some reason
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

wear some deer coloured clothes and go deer stalking ?

I am aware of a tale where an old stalker tasked with taking a lady, I believe of foreign extraction, out one day, was surprised to see her appear attired in a rather battered mink coat. Being the consummate professional he said nothing and they got started. He stated that at one point he turned round and she had disappeared. The coat had done it's job and she blended into the background perfectly. Maybe it's not deer coloured Camo, maybe it's deer skin we should be wearing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter1 View Post
    I am aware of a tale where an old stalker tasked with taking a lady, I believe of foreign extraction, out one day, was surprised to see her appear attired in a rather battered mink coat. Being the consummate professional he said nothing and they got started. He stated that at one point he turned round and she had disappeared. The coat had done it's job and she blended into the background perfectly. Maybe it's not deer coloured Camo, maybe it's deer skin we should be wearing!!!
    Thought you were going to say he turned around and all he could see was her white arse as she took a leak
    ​regards Norma

surprised we do not have to wear hi viz
    lister

In the past I have had similar thoughts to yours Limulus but mine were about copying the colour and distruptive pattern of my old GWP. That blighter with his liver and white coat (more of a grey colour really) just seemed to blend into the countryside. I even pondered the possability in my daydreams of developing and marketing a cammo pattern and calling it GWP. His sucessor who is solid liver much to my surprise does exactly the same in the woods and is impossible to see when it gets dark and will simply vanish in the back garden at night.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    wear some deer coloured clothes and go deer stalking ?
    and hope there are no other deerstalkers about ( or you might get shot ! )