Game Dealer Prices

Timney

Just asking a general question about game dealer prices for venison in D&G.

We have just been told yesterday that the price for roe carcasses has dropped from £2.50 to £2.20/Kilo collected due to market conditions. When we originally started with this dealer a few months ago prices were £3/kilo across the board for all roe so you can see that an 80p/kilo drop is quite significant within the year.

Is anyone aware of reasons that might explain the drop in price or is our game dealer trying it on now that he has us on board? Has anybody heard the same story recently? I can't imagine the market being flooded with roe as I expect the majority of folks would finish their doe cull before the beginning of March? :confused:

I just want to be sure that we are being offered a fair price.

Thanks in advance..

Don't know about D&G up here I have been getting £2.80 a kilo for the past year, haven't heard of a price drop hope not as I have close on thirty carcases collected recently but not yet paid for.

Having said that roe prices fluctuate quite a bit but 80p seems quite a drop .

Hubertus game in Pitlochry are paying £2.30 thats a drop from £3.00 a kilo . Poor market demand .

Is anyone aware of poor market demand. From what I'm led to believe demand for wild venison was on the increase? :-|

There was some story about imports flooding the market. Not sure if it was Spanish or NZ?
Go into Tescos and you can buy two packs of back bacon for £5, not sure how many rashers but even so.
​Tescos was packed today at 1200. no shortage of shoppers, but try not eating.

My game dealer has dropped his prices from 2.20/Kg for fallow to 1.50/Kg. He has about 100 of them in his fridge and there is no demand for them!

Hubertus game in Pitlochry are paying £2.30 thats a drop from £3.00 a kilo . Poor market demand .

i got a fone call on thursday and told it had went down to 2.20 a kilo for roe and that was from 2.50 for the last few months ..funny that eh

Back