Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sako A7 UK price hike!

Sako A7 UK price hike!

I am interested in purchasing a stainless Sako A7 in .243 cal, a quick look at UK prices seems to show a price of around 1170. I looked at a quick review on youtube of the rifle in an American gun store , the price was $930 about 620!! So the guns are shipped half way around the world and end up being massively cheaper than here in the UK, I very much doubt Sako would sell the rifles for a loss in America so how on earth can the vastly over inflated UK price be justified? I think I already know the answer to that question..... Because they know they can get away with it!

As is the case with most goods purchased in the UK - we almost always end up paying over the odds!
    Last edited by paultap; 16-03-2013 at 17:31.

Get a tikka T3 instead,
    ​not worth having your pants pulled down,for very little extra,(60 deg bolt lift,fill mag through action,steel mag)

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    I have used one in the past few weeks,

not very good to say that have named it a sako, when all it is is a price hiked up tikka IMO: and the lad that has its not best pleased either,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Just another example of rip off Britain at it's best.

A new Sako 85 Synthetic Stainless is only 960 in the USA

Im by no means condoning the rip off culture we live in, but presumably this is purely due to the scale of the markets relative to one another, we are a small market compared to how many Americans there are to warrant importing significantly more units to their shores, thus presumably pushing the prices down......that and our stinky tax rates of course!

welcome to rip off uk mty

Quote Originally Posted by paultap View Post
    I am interested in purchasing a stainless Sako A7 in .243 cal, a quick look at UK prices seems to show a price of around 1170. I looked at a quick review on youtube of the rifle in an American gun store , the price was $930 about 620!! So the guns are shipped half way around the world and end up being massively cheaper than here in the UK, I very much doubt Sako would sell the rifles for a loss in America so how on earth can the vastly over inflated UK price be justified? I think I already know the answer to that question..... Because they know they can get away with it!

As is the case with most goods purchased in the UK - we almost always end up paying over the odds!

Quote Originally Posted by paultap View Post

My advice is get the sako 85 .243 in the for sale section

Or the 75 Glyn1 has for sale

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Im by no means condoning the rip off culture we live in, but presumably this is purely due to the scale of the markets relative to one another, we are a small market compared to how many Americans there are to warrant importing significantly more units to their shores, thus presumably pushing the prices down......that and our stinky tax rates of course!
    Have to agree, mark up in the USA is the same, but the ability to purchase high numbers drives the initial price down.